Charge on Virtual Debit Card 😶

When I opened my account everything was free ,
especially no charges were on the virtual ATM card .

Now you are forcefully imposing ₹199+₹36GST for Virtual Debit card too .

You were promising us those days, it will be free
But now what is this?
Can’t you stand with your words?

Issues are-

1. When will I be charged for Virtual Debit Card now ( created on 28.07.2021)?

2. Will I have to pay charges if blocked card permanently?

3. Waiver , while paying local shop through ATM ( by scanning QR) will be eligible?

5 Likes

Here is the screenshot of the email received way 9th Apr, 2023 informing the existing users about the debit card charges and conditions that have to be met for the charge waiver.

1 Like

I also think that it’s not fair as the initial promise was that there are no charges on the account. Hope that the zero balance is not removed anytime soon.

Does Fi also charge for the virtual debit card? I know that Paytm Payments Bank charges only for its physical debit card.

Also can someone help me understand why charge for a virtual card. Are the expenses the same as a physical debit card for the bank?

Especially because the Federal Bank document mentions charges for the Physical Debit Card - https://www.federalbank.co.in/documents/10180/81307/Service+charges+and+fees+wef+01st+OCT+2022.pdf/fbfe181e-4e94-2e4f-6a3a-271fc45cf3ef?t=1678685721001

Charges will be applicable from March2024 :arrow_down:

I think only Debit Card spends on valid merchants will count against fee waiver

I don’t know about Fi, but if I am not wrong, Airtel Payments Bank, India Post Payments Bank etc. charges for virtual debit cards.

Airtel Payments Bank started charging for everything - for bank account, for SMS, for Debit card, etc. I got fed up and have closed it. It’s not about paying the amount, they just wanted more money and there was no equivalent service. Also they had Rewards123 subscription service as well. I wonder how they make more money now. Maybe I haven’t understood their business… - Airtel Payments Bank revenue grows 41% to Rs 400 crore | Business News - The Indian Express.

Fi is best and consistent.

No charges for existing customers including virtual and physical as they stand on words lifetime free debit card

Physical debit card charges only for new customers. Also free virtual debit card i guess .

Happy Fi customer*

Check fees and charges page of fi money.

1 Like

There is no charge for virtual cards PNB, BOB , Kotak Mahindra, jio payment bank, NSDL payment bank, Airtel payment bank.

2 Likes

Should I block Jupiter Debit Card on February 1 to avoid annual fee?

Yeah There is no hope that they will change this

Make sure that you won’t be charged an annual fee if the debit card is blocked. Otherwise you’ll be paying the annual fee and not using the card as well.

I don’t use Jupiter at all. I’m very much satisfied with Fi

We would charge if someone has had active card atleast 6 months out of last 12 months and has active account as on 28th Feb.

This is to align on fairness on both sides so that we don’t face abuse scenarios for blocking a card just before charge date

4 Likes

Suggest you to read my msg again or reach out to our support team. I can’t be reverting to individual queries on forum.

1 Like

It’s a very good move to remove inactive or additional account holders from the Jupiter banking system.

In short those holding additional Jupiter accounts(family circle) or not using the account actively can’t avoid the debit card amc charges just by blocking the card before march,2024

@Abhinav_Goyal Why would that be the case ? UPI mpin reset will not be possible, but you can continue using UPI and savings bank account powered by Federal even without the debit card via Jupiter app.

Brother it’s simply called Zhumla by Jupiter

I blocked my debit card today(29th jan) to avoid annual charges.
Should i close my Jupiter account before 28th feb for the same?

Support team kindly reply!

Hey Jiten, how can it be abuses of your system? Your so-called system is filled with so many bugs. First, rectify those. On the other hand, as per industry norms, debit card charges are mostly deducted at the beginning of a financial year. So, after February, the charge will be for the next financial year. Then, why can’t we block the card before that time if we don’t want to use the card in FY 2024-2025?