Jupiter Debit Card Charges

It has been over 15 days since I first noticed the charges, but not yet communicated for the same.

2 Likes

Same, even i haven’t received any update.

2 Likes

Communication between customers and companies is crucial, and in this case, it appears that there has been a failure to do so. Ideally, customers should be informed prior to the introduction of any fees to avoid any misunderstandings or surprises.

1 Like

How will they annual charges if my account has no balance?:thinking:

negative balance, they will deduct it when you add some. i guess

There is 12 month window we are giving to users. Hope that clarifies. No charge will be levied before Mar24

3 Likes

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration with the events concerning my debit card. When I signed up for jupiter I was informed by Jupiter support team that the cost of the card would be refunded once it was delivered to me, but after I received the card, your support stopped responding to my inquiries. When I finally did receive a response, it was only to tell me that this was a “miscommunication”. Although your agent confirmed multiple times about refund even saying that he has consulted his supervisor and there will be no issues.

To make matters worse, I have now been informed that Jupiter will start charging me annually for maintaining the card, despite the fact that I was led to believe that this would not be the case at least for Virtual card. This has shaken my trust in Jupiter and made me question whether I can continue with an institution that does not honor its commitments to me as a customer.

And for the above reasons I will be quiting jupiter.

3 Likes

@saurabh.s @Devansh_Bartwal The emails have been going out in batches since April 6 and we have sent the email to almost 70% of the user base by today. By tomorrow, the email will be sent to the remaining users. Please check your Spam folder as well for the email registered with Jupiter and in case you don’t find it by tomorrow night, do let us know.

1 Like

Thank you for bearing with me at least. At the end of the day, I am okay to support Jupiter by paying if I will not meet the criteria. It’s just like we are okay to pay traditional banks maybe and just creating an issue here where we are getting much better service.

1 Like

I don’t mind the annual fee as it was inevitable due to the way start-up economy works, first they burn cash and when it starts burning their pockets, they start charging customers.

But for a chargeable service, they at least need to provide the basic services right.

Still no option to change address, permanent or current or otherwise.
If for whatever reason, I’d to replace my debit card, I won’t be able to get the card delivered to myself as I bought and moved to new permanent home last year from the rented place I used to live before.

My sister recently had a terrible experience due to the ‘sleep’ mode being turned on without her doing anything on her part.
She urgently needed cash and tried couple of ATMs in a scorching day and it wasn’t working.
And there’s no SMS or communication from bank to know that why ATM transactions are failing, if I’ve not put my card on ‘sleep’, I won’t expect that to be the reason and check the app naturally.

They expect salaried professionals to be their main customers but salaried professionals expect better customer service and basic feature availability too.
There ain’t any lack of options out there for salaried professionals for day-to-day banking.

I recently moved my day-to-day banking transactions to a more rewarding bank account away from Jupiter which I’d used since early access days. It’s also paid but offers more value for money and has at least the basic features available.
In case of any serious trouble online, I can run to the branch and get a better response than copy-paste answers from inefficient customer support.

8 Likes

Time to close Jupiter

1 Like

POV - This is why I like Fi
Recently Fi also updated their policy regarding annual fees so I thought it was a scam similar to Jupiter
Then I contact them through support

You-
I am an old customer of fi but do I still have to pay the debit card annual fee or is it only for new customers?

Fi support-
As checked the details, your account was created on Feb 2022, Users onboarded on Fi before 19 Feb 2023 get a free physical debit card. So for your current debit card is free also you won’t be charged Annual Maintenance charge however if you apply for a new debit card then you will be charged for physical debit card which is 199+GST and Annual Maintenance charge which is 199+GST

At least they are true to their words

6 Likes

I invest 5000 in mutual funds every month through Jupiter so its like autopay. Will I have to still pay the annual charges assuming i dont spend my money anywhere else?

2 Likes

This won’t be counted, Devansh.
It has to be Debit Card spends on merchants.

jupiter should not charge annual fee for virtual debit card

3 Likes

No other bank neo has charged annual fees for existing customers like jupiter bank. F i money, Niyo sbm, Hop money They all have zero annual charges. Then how would they manage their business.
2nd thing why would you have a community. Before implementing something you should have discussed it with community members. Many members spending on this community is helping you to build jupiter bettter by wasting their precious time. Also if you imoplement AMC then what is the difference between you and a traditional bank. What is the gurantee that jupiter will remove zero balance facility in future.
@Shawnpinto

2 Likes

@Tanvi_Agrawal As of now, I have not received any communication from your end.

2 Likes

Hello @Shawnpinto
I know how a business :sunglasses: run ,
I know it’s not possible to bear debit card fee for next few years , somehow you have to get the card fee .

Now , you’ve updated your terms and conditions, that should apply to only new members …

Like ,look if the biriyani price is let’s say 200 when you pay for it and sit for eating, and before eating you’re saying that the rate has changed…
Rate may have change but not for ongoing, eating customer. Right ?
Do you agree?

Now you’re taking same fee as traditional bank offers , so what’s your usp ? Why would I use your card ?

I have 7 credit card ( 6 LTF) one paid , That one paid card provides me premium benefits as well.

Provide facilities, people will give you money …
Customer acquisition cost should from your end not from customers end …

I got it you won’t may it free , No problem …
Give us benefits worth the paying fee …
Coupon, railway access, high limit, nfc to gpay options, and lots more …

We the members of the community will step up those features and :bulb:

2 Likes

I love Jupiter application and it’s customer focused services.
In view of betterment of both customer and bank. The decision of charging for virtual debit card is not beneficial because no bank charges it’s customers for virtual services.

1 Like

@Saket_Kattuboina Can you please check this?