Jupiter Debit Card Charges

Hello everyone!

Jupiter Changes in Debit Card charges for AMC without any communication to the customer.

8 Likes

wtf they are charging even on virtual card kotak 811 don’t even charge for virtual card.

12 Likes

We may receive this communication over email in batches.

Basically, in order to not pay up the card charges, customers will need to maintain Rs. 10,000 (for Pro) for atleast 6 out of 12 months in a year.
This will not be difficult for salaried individuals, but definitely not easy for students.

It may drive away a chunk of customers who use it as a zero balance account.

And as @Pratyay_Mustafi rightly pointed out, Kotak 811 only charges annual fee for a physical debit card.

14 Likes

Even niyox also not charging.

5 Likes

What if the debit card is blocked and a person does not use it will they be charged for it as well.

3 Likes

For Blocked Card, they can’t charge.

But if that same person using Virtual Card then he will.

Don’t activate even virtual card, if you don’t want to use/not need burden of charges :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Han ye to hona hi tha :slightly_smiling_face:
Need more information about Merchent Spend Clarification…:dizzy_face:

4 Likes

What about the persons having physical debit card? :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

2 Likes

For Active Physical Card will levied charge,
If he Not able to Fulfill AMC Waiver conditions.

3 Likes

I will probably close my account on Jupiter if they will start charging like this. I am a college student and yes I cant maintain this balance.

10 Likes

Initially chose Jupiter over other banks because of their zero charges on the debit card. However, as now that they have introduced a fee of 300+GST=354 rupees, :astonished: I feel that I may need to explore other options. While I appreciate the benefits of having a debit card, I find that I hardly use it these days with the prevalence of UPI transactions.

12 Likes

We definitely need more detailed info about the charges from @JupiterTeam @Community_Team

6 Likes
  • Being a student how can you expect us to maintain an average balance.
5 Likes

i am also planing about the same kotak 811 is now the best option left.

4 Likes

absolutely i also opened my account in jupiter because of no amc debit card

5 Likes

I can definitely relate to you being a student and I don’t think it’s reasonable to pay such a significant amount as AMC. Therefore, we’ve to explore better alternatives that fit our budget and meet the banking needs.

5 Likes

if there is amc for virtual debit card too what’s the point of neo bank even paytm and airtel money have virtual debit cards for free

3 Likes

UPI requires a debit card number even if it is a virtual one isn’t it ?

3 Likes

Yes, it needs. But you can register UPI through aadhaar authentication also.

6 Likes

But is it working actually? I tried it using bhim UPI in one of my accounts, it didn’t work

3 Likes