Charge on Virtual Debit Card šŸ˜¶

Just curious if you have paid any charge until date if you are referring to industry standard. We decided to charge back-ended. That being said, I advice you to close the account if you are not keen to pay any charge without maintenance of required balance to avoid fees.

Here, Iā€™m uploading a screenshot from the community where it was clearly mentioned that there are no annual charges for the debit card. So, how can you now charge the customers you have advertised as annual charge-free? Your reply is contradictory.

You should stick to what you say.

Link to post: Jupiter Money - First Look (Fan Post)

1 Like

Thatā€™s the difference between Fi and Jupiter is clear. Fi is customer centric

If you block the debit card withen or before 1 year definitely there is no charge, same thing I also tried with PNB and SBI cards also :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe they are uneducated, as per npci you can use upi free lifetime after blocking your debit card.

You can change your pin also, if you know your pin .

If you donā€™t know your pin you can also reset you pin via addhar OTP authentication, if your bank linked with addhar.

@Jiten @Shawnpinto any comment?

Guys, I am taking this in a different light. Jupiter is a business. So they need money to survive.

There is no point in giving out freebies for a year and closing down the business.

Yes, I am also disappointed that Jupiter is not keeping their promises (free debit card, Edge RuPay credit card). But things change and that is how life is.

@Jiten himself has come to a position of saying close your account and I donā€™t remember seeing him say that before.

Donā€™t you feel a frustration in his statement?

Letā€™s give Jupiter a break.

Yes, there is a big room for improvement. I hope theyā€™ll improve with all our feedback.

1 Like

Well if they could, they would have by now. Especially since there is a lot of negativity regarding this in the community. There may be something in the background that is stopping Jupiter from doing it. And due to business dealings, they canā€™t reveal this things to us.

As for Fi not charging existing customers, remember that their customer base is only working professionals. So they may have less customers or they may have spending customers. Whereas Jupiter had welcomed everyone - professionals, students, homemakers. So the customer base is more.

So Fi maybe covering the debit card charges from their VC funds, while Jupiter canā€™t as the customer base is more.

And maybe that is why this feeling of Jupiter trying to shed unprofitable customers.

Of course I am speculating here. But it kind of makes sense to me.

2 Likes

Maybe @Jiten had other plans for Jupiter to be profitable. Maybe those plans didnā€™t come to fruition.

Maybe things changed in the banking landscape since Jupiter opened.

Maybe Federal Bank is not tech savvy as Jupiter.

Too many ifs and butsā€¦

I read something that a senior banking executive had said during an interview. Banking is very hard in India. And it is kind of true. Even Citibank exited India. Yes Citibank made a profit in India, but the same effort & money elsewhere is more profitable.

Fi debit card amc are free for existing account holders till card expiryā€¦ after that it will be the same as Jupiter DC.

Jupiter DC without Pro membership holds no value or USP for active users looking for benefits from DC and with pro membership Debit card always LTF

Now for inactive users who canā€™t/donā€™t want to spend annual 25k without pro membership for DC amc waiver schemeā€¦ they can either pay the nominal DC amc charges or may shift to some other bank platform offering LTF DC.

3 Likes

Approx 1 year old notification from Jupiter regarding DC charges.

Any bank can change the offerings after giving prior notification

1 Like

@Abhinav_Goyal just because Jupiter has decided to charge an AMC for the debit card will not invite an action from the RBI. A yearā€™s prior notice was provided for this and there was enough time to either meet the milestones for avoiding the fee or make alternate arrangements. Trying to bring up a topic which has already been extensively debated and to a large extent addressed makes no sense.

1 Like

We have been more than fair and transparent in this case. Any change of terms of offering is permissible subject to 30 days of prior notice. We notified 12 months prior for users to make up their mind about Jupiter offering. Most of our users appreciate the transparency except for users who just want freebie with no relationship value commitment to app. As I said last time, choice always is with user to use product or close the account.

3 Likes

Again a lot of assumptions.

Abhinav, this is a closed topic. There absolutely no point in racking it up and unnecessary creating a panic or irritation around it. As per Jiten post, you are free to choose your way forward. But donā€™t unnecessarily try to influence the community.

ā€œMost of our users appreciate the transparency except for usersā€, were that users are Jupiter employees?

Previously fuel payments and etc were used to reward gems but now no more without any prior information. To my surprise, even customer care donā€™t when reward system was changed until they checked up on my request.

I am not against to 10k NRV or changing reward system, but not ok with the statement ā€œMost of our users appreciate the transparencyā€. @Jiten

1 Like

Iā€™m okay with the charges on the Jupiter debit card. But, In this case, the subsequent introduction of charges contradicts those promotional materials significantly. It could be seen as misleading advertising, potentially giving any cardholder grounds to complain to the RBI ombudsman.

Guys, seriouslyā€¦ Why is everyone into this revenge attitude just because of a debit card charge?

Do you guys feel cheated by Jupiter?

Sorry! But I am not for this reporting to the RBI blackmail. I am pretty sure that Jupiter must be following the due procedure especially since Federal Bank (a regular bank) is the banking partner. If not, no need for you guys to complain. RBI would ban Jupiter anyways just like it did Paytm payments bank.

Guess you guys are going to force Jupiter to close this community.

Tbh, I donā€™t mind if Jupiter closes this community now. One of the reasons I loved Jupiter was this community, and itā€™s not the same anymore.

Now the community is full of complaints and the frustration of users. All new joiners think of this community as a customer support page. I can see @yagnesh01 telling these people to contact support. Actually, I canā€™t blame them, mate. What they see is a list of complaints. They are viewing it as a customer support page. It was not the same before. This community has lost its active members and active threads.

1 Like

@Sreeharimkl I am also seeing that and I am frustrated because of that.

@Abhinav_Goyal Not what I meant. This debit card charge is for everyone. Do you really think that Jupiter is charging us without reason? RBI will only take action if the complaint holds ground. Also like many of us keep telling you, this debit card charge has been addressed multiple times and itā€™s going to stay. Let go of that grudge. Not all promises (free debit card) could be kept. And nothing is forever.

I believe that people are so busy racking up issues, highlighting them over and over again, digging up old graves, it has lead people to believe that the community is the place raise issues and complaints. That is also one of the reasons, people are being requested to reach the support team. I acknowledge the fact that there are issues which need to be addressed. I also acknowledge that some of these issues have impacted me as well. I choose to follow up with the support team rather than rant here and make the experience for other community members sour and build a negative image about the platform.

2 Likes