(Completed) Lab test #3 - Investments on Jupiter (Early release)💰

Hey folks! :wave:

I’m Jitender Singh, part of the product team here at Jupiter.
We have another lab test for you! @Jupiterlabs

Many community users anticipated this feature, Investing in Jupiter was one of the most requested features. Hence, we’ve built it and we’d like to show you.

Why investments on Jupiter?
Investing is core to the mission of Jupiter - Improving the financial life of the users.

Who can Invest?
Currently, it is only live for users who have FKYC account with Jupiter and already investing in mutual funds somewhere else (on other platforms). Very soon, within a month, we will make this live for all users.

How to get started?
All the eligible users can start the journey via Investments tab on the Home page or a ‘Mutual fund investment account activation’ card is live in Invest section on the Money tab.

Currently, to explore the funds, you need to activate the investment account. We will remove this wall gardening in the next 2-3 weeks. Then, the MF explore will be open to all users.

We need your help in understanding the following:

• Let us know what you like/don’t like about our investment feature - Design, Onboarding, MF Explore, One-time investment flow, Monthly SIP flow, MF Dashboard, Redemption Flow etc.
  • If you’ve already been using other platforms/apps for investing, what is that one thing you liked on those platforms that you’d like to see on Jupiter?

Keep in mind it’s in the works and is in a testing phase. This is only the initial release, you guys will help us shape the final features.

We are looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below!

Happy testing~ :test_tube:

3 Likes

:eyes:
Whats this?

4 Likes

This! Coming soon Have you been investing? 🤔 - #26 by Shawnpinto

Update: Live now on Jupiter Labs!

2 Likes

Enabled already.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s live for the Jupiter lab test users already :partying_face:

5 Likes

Is this Auto-skip SIP a unique offering? Not a mutual funds guy, hence :eyes:

Yes. This way your sips won’t bounce.
Traditional way, on sip day, your MF app will send debit request to your bank and if you are low on balance, it won’t be processed.
Now what Jupiter did is just placed a check as they are your MF manager and bank account… so not a big thing.

The big thing is , they need to bring in auto invest or save Rules like Fi Money…that’s huge.

2 Likes

The investment feature seems just alright and for a beginner in line with groww and other competing platforms. However, one thing I would like to see included in the future would be to see the holding stocks and assets of the MF along with their respective percentage

3 Likes

Agree more robust reporting like Zerodha.
Jupiter should try to show overall % in debt and equity…and in equity , break it down on stocks level throughout our holdings. So that we know with overlap and all what we hold.

2 Likes

@SaiRaj Saw this earlier - Investment Feature Arrived
Go for it and share your thoughts here :blob_thanks:

1 Like

Is there going to be an option where the apps suggests a portfolio for me ? Like kuvera does ?

Mutual Fund is coming soon for general users. But for our awesome community users, you get special access :wink:

1 Like

That’s great feedback. Let me see if we can fast-track this.

@nishesh
Definitely, helping our users take better investment decisions wrt their personal lifestyles is one of our goal.

1 Like

@ironman @Rahul.Sharma This is in our pipeline. We will make this live within a month. There are three features related to it.

1. Asset, Market cap, Sector allocation of a fund with its holding (stocks, bonds, etc.) allocations.
  2. The overall allocation of your portfolio with the holding data.
  3. Overlap analysis of a fund.
3 Likes

I already have a Demat account with Groww. So on registering for this Jupiter MF will our existing DEMAT account be used or a new one would be created?

You do not need a Demat account to invest in MF SIPs.

Also, Demat accounts are unique to each platform. It’s not an issue to have multiple demat accounts!

Email field is empty. Is there a way to enter this?. For all my investments I am using hotmail but my Jupiter email id is gmail. Is there a way to change this?

1 Like

Not sure.
It was blank for me as well. I hope it sends the registered email atleast to investment account and not blank.

@harpreetvishnoi can you please confirm if email is being picked? Also if it is possible to provide a different email for investment account ?

Yes, your email ID got picked that you have provided in the Jupiter bank account.

1 Like