Edge CSB bank RuPay Credit Card 💳

I got notification TDY mentioning
Life time fee x
Life time free ✓

Already showing pre-approved limit inside app

Am i eligible for life time free jupiter edge ?
Anyone pls tell thanks

2 Likes

if you got the notification, ideally you would be unless any risk check blocks from card issuance side

5 Likes

Do you know, all Co-branded Credit Card Variants issued by Federal Bank are excluded from their 10% Instant Discount Offers during Festive Sales on Amazon, Flipkart and others. Because these offers are eligible only on their Native Credit Card Variants.

So this exclusion list includes OneCard, Fi, Jupiter Edge and Scapia. It means that even after paying Rs. 999 + GST as Annual Fees for Jupiter Edge Credit Card, these Cardholders won’t get 10% Instant Discount while Federal Bank’s Native Cardholders will enjoy this benefit.

OneCard is frequently bringing similar offers on same e-commerce platforms for their Cardholders and all OneCard (Metal) (issued by Federal Bank, CSB Bank, South Indian Bank & BOB Financial) and OneCard Lite (issued by SBM Bank) are eligible for these offers. Thus exclusion by Federal Bank on its offers gets compensated by OneCard, but that won’t be the case for Scapia, Fi & Jupiter Co-branded Cardholders and that’s really a major issue for an Entry Level Credit Card Variant targeted towards Middle-class because this class is highly price sensitive due to their low & restricted budgets. e.g. If you are buying a new Mobile worth Rs. 15,000 from Amazon and at the rate of 10% you can avail maximum discount of Rs.1,500 then your purchase price comes to Rs. 13,500. This difference of Rs. 1500 is really important for Middle-class Buyers because these days Brands like Samsung has removed Wall-charging Adaptors from its mid-range category (ranging from 10k - 15k) models, so such Savings can meet up the additional expenses done on Branded Charger separately purchased. So, incase if such charger is costing Rs. 1000 then total cost of owning such mobile will arrive at Rs.14,500 (Rs 13,500 + Rs. 1000) while without such Instant Discount Offer, it arrives at Rs. 16,000 (Rs. 15,000 + Rs. 1000). Thus, OneCard holders have this huge benefit over Scapia, Fi and Jupiter Card Holders from the same issuer i.e. Federal Bank.

So, I feel that Cost of Ownership in the context of Jupiter Edge Credit Card is significantly high compared to its close rivals.

One more thing, I don’t think that Jupiter is restrained by Federal Bank in terms of deciding its Pricing & Rewards Systems. Because their motive is to provide just the backbone for operating this Credit Card Variant and take certain charges against that. That’s it.

Its Jupiter who is implementing its Business Policy and if I am wrong and Federal Bank is also partial decision maker then they must allow Jupiter Edge holders for availing their Discount Offers on multiple platforms. But they are not allowing any Co-branded Cardholders, that’s why I have assumed that they are not influencing the decision making in above mentioned points.

5 Likes

@maulik.n.raval You have a valid point. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen or heard anyone being excited about edge lmao so ya- let’s hope Jupiter can make the right decisions here

Approved in 30 secs

Received confirmation mail as life time free

Hope it stays like that :blush:

2 Likes

Hey can anyone tell me if he can use the internet banking transaction through federal internet banking?

I mean for my case I can’t enable transaction facilities, transaction password also.

Anyone have enabled transaction password?

I have enabled transaction password (BTW I have fi too)

1 Like

Edge card is currently invite only. You will receive notification or banner once you are eligible

Yes, Credit Card Sector is a competitive and highly crowded sector.

As Card Holders were not much aware before a decade, so the scenario was completely different. There were few big players, who were ruling the market and Customers have to accept whatever is being offered to them.

But current scenario is completely different, as consumers have became more knowledgable and rational. There are many new fintech players, who have entered in the market e.g. MoneyTap, OneCard, Fi, Jupiter, Scapia etc.

Moreover, there are many new RBI Licensee banks, who have entered into this sector just few years back but rapidly increasing their Cardholders and taking a big chunk of the pie. e.g. RBL Bank, IDFC FIRST Bank, AU Small Finance Bank etc.

Even there is a huge increase in the Co-branded Cards due to many startups and e-commerce platforms are launching their own Co-branded Cards such as Amazon x ICICI Bank, Flipkart x Axis Bank, GPay x Axis Bank, Paytm x SBI Card, Paytm x HDFC Bank, Paytm x Citi Bank, Zomato x RBL Bank (Edition program is closed now but it was quite popular back then), Tata Neu x HDFC Bank, Swiggy x HDFC Bank, BookMyShow x RBL Bank and many more. 10 years back when Native Variants were ruling the market, these days Co-branded Variants are quite dominating in their comparison.

Some of the showstoppers like AmazonPay ICICI Bank, Flipkart Axis Bank, GPay Axis Bank ACE, Airtel Axis Bank, SBI SimplyCLICK , SBI Cashback Card have changed the rules of the game and now Customers of these Entry-level Credit Card Variants are also expecting a more mileage and this has made the Game tougher then the earlier time.

Hence, if any Credit Card Variant is either highly prices or poorly rewarding or having both, won’t survive in the market for a long time, because even if customers will show initial interest but won’t continue them for a long and may close it after a year or so.

Note : Although BNPLs & BNPL Cards (Credit Line Cards) are not same products as Credit Cards, but they have significant contribution in increasing awareness about Micro-credit among the public. Actually, they bridged the gap between Savings Account and Credit Cards and given the opportunity to use credit line to those customers who were not entertained much by Banks e.g. Students, Housewives, Newly employed persons etc. Now, Banks have started bringing youth-centric credit cards e.g. ICICI Bank’s Mine Credit Card has been launched exclusively for their Mine Savings Account holders, which is youth falling into specific Age bracket.

4 Likes

The Jupiter Edge credit card was delivered today.

It’s a premium looking card. In person it looks so much better. The shimmer is really good looking.

Now if only the offers & rewards were premium too. :grin:

2 Likes

Rupay Credit Card on the cards !!!

6 Likes

Hope the Rupay credit card actually is “The credit card that we’ve been waiting for” :wink:

2 Likes

Is Credit Card launched on Jupiter.? Because new Tab Credit Card showing in my account, but added to waiting list. When they approve me for Credit Card

@veeragonisri Hai… At present, the Edge credit card is available only for pre-approved users.
You may get a WhatsApp message or a popup if you are eligible.

1 Like

I know currently Jupiter providing pre-approved credit card as of now. But I’m curious about which points do you guys considering for pre-approved offer?? Eligibility criteria?

Can existing federal bank CC users can apply/considered?

@Shawnpinto

2 Likes

It’s based on risk data, credit score, app usage, and other factors.
This is what Shawn said to me when I enquired the same :v:t2:

1 Like

did you guys stop issuing Edge Visa card completely ??

I tried buying amazon e gift card using jupiter edge credit card
But after adding to cart,i m unable to buy it
Any restriction in buying gift cards with edge credit card?
If Anyone knows… pls tell thanks

New offer on Jupiter Edge Credit Card

3 Likes