(Completed) Lab test #1 - Updated Insights & Networth feature (Account Aggregator)

@Prabu Let’s connect and check why this issue is happening.
More details on DM.

@here

Few questions.

1. How often do you check your Networth?
  2. If it’s more than before, is it due to the new AA feature and updated insights? Comment below if its something else :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I like the novelty of networth. It’s a solid idea. But it’s useless to me, because the banks I do maintain accounts with, aren’t present… yet.

For example, no federal bank (seriously lol), and Standard Chartered. I hold accounts with them. I need to see those balances.

1 Like

I agree with @nateavi. I have only kotak bank which compatible with that feature and i dont use that bank… So its not much of a use for me … But its a good feature to have our bank balances in a single space without typing upi pin everytime :zap::zap:

1 Like

same issue , i got accs with Bank of Baroda and paytm bank , but both arent present

1 Like

Agreed, I either don’t have account worth supported banks or I have a joint account which aren’t supported yet.

I don’t find the need to use networth at all.

1 Like

there are privacy concerns with this. Even if you don’t snoop there are chances of shoulder surfing. I don’t like it at all.

1 Like

As is the case with most of the users here, my partner banks are not available in the list.

Also, mere networth info is less valuable to me. But, it’d be useful with the insights made available with those data in the future. Then again, you need to educate and earn a user’s trust when it comes to data privacy. Yes, it’s a RBI approved AA partner, but still.

1 Like

Could be. I’m not worried about shoulder peaking with this particular bit. Networth isn’t front and Center. If we could hide the balance initially, that’d be cool.

But what irks me the most, is when I try scanning a QR for upi payments, my balance pops up as I send the transaction. It shouldn’t. Much easier for somebody to peak there.

We will be supporting more banks for AA!
@nateavi When you open the scanner, isn’t it hidden at first? :thinking:

1 Like

Nope. I open scanner. Scan the QR code.

The screen opens with “pay with” and the balance is present right there. We need an option to keep it hidden unless we really wanna see it.

For example, tap to see/ unsee. Default being hidden.

1 Like

Oh you’re right.
We could probably add the 3 dots like on the Home Screen to hide the balance in the beginning.

Yes!!! That’s a fair idea. We need to make balance display in the payments screen to be opt in. Or easy to toggle on/off.

Totally agree… due to privacy reasons, I’m hesitant to use AA system.

I’m sure they’ll have something in place when this feature mature and moves out of the lab.

Probably a support page with FAQ or even a short video like what they’ve for the digital Gold feature.

Two interesting tidbits from the Fi’s recently introduced ‘Connected Accounts’ feature that throws some light on what’s possible with AA.

#1 Connected Accounts will be particularly useful for iPhone users as it brings personal finance management tools like balance and expenditure tracking for the first time to iOS devices. Apple’s data privacy and security settings prohibit data collection methods like SMS scraping.

#2 The new feature will strengthen other innovative features that Fi already offers to its users such as its Artificial intelligence-powered digital financial assistant Ask.Fi. Users will be able to search for transactions across accounts by simply typing ‘Amazon orders this month’.

1 Like

We’ll be having our own search function too :grimacing:

2 Likes

Heh, yeah! Looking forward to it. It’s the need of the hour :raised_hands:

1 Like

@Jupiterlabs We’ve added more people to labs!
You should be able to see the AA feature on your app. Test it out! (Lemme know if you can’t see it yet)
For the ones who recently joined, have a look at this thread once and see if you face the same experience.

Try answering these while you’re at it.

Share your thoughts with us!

4 Likes