Will there be a Jupiter Net Banking website?

On Jupiter homepage, there are screenshots for mobile app but none for the web version. Will there be a Net Banking website? The problem with all current banks is their 20th century net banking UIs. I hope on Jupiter, there will be a 21st century net banking website.

4 Likes

@gegobyte

Considering the trends of neobanks, chances are lean for a website for Netbanking. Neobanks are famous for their mobile apps.

3 Likes

You will be using federal bank net banking I believe as most neo fintech companies focus on mobile apps and forego websites.

1 Like

Question is what you need NetBanking site for?

Advantage of big screen on desktop/laptop. 5-6 inches mobile devices are too small and inconvenient to get anything done except phone calls. Fund transfer, service requests, downloading statements, managing cards is a breeze on full screen. Most of the other things can be done on laptops so why to switch to a mobile phone just to do some banking tasks?

3 Likes

with close to 800mn smartphone penetration, the reach is obviously with the phone, right approach will be to enhance the mobile interface so that the functions above are a breeze on the phone itself.

3 Likes

Hi @gegobyte

Beg to differ, I’d always rather use my phone to finish things, than checking it out in my laptop.

With regard to statement, Jupiter already will be providing a consolidated summary in the home screen of the app itself which should be more than enough to understand our spendings and if we actually need a statement for any submission, we can directly download and there would ideally be no use to look at it ourselves. If needed in big screen also, we can anytime just mail the same. Maybe Jupiter can even add a option to send statements directly to our mail on requests, which you can use to check in the laptop.

The fund transfers currently are mainly happening through UPIs, net banking is hardly used unless you are like a propritor. Even if thats required, like all other mobile banking apps, transfer to accounts should be even more easier.

With regard to managing cards, we have will be as of now having a single account. So there isnt multiple accounts for us to handle other than the other bank accounts we have.

Also, banking isnt something which we do everyday, its more about expenses which we incur and maybe a few fund transfers. So we can use the mobile itself for an additional 5 mins and close the task.

3 Likes

I do pay GST and use fund transfer a lot so it’s far more easier and convenient to do it on laptop with a net banking website instead of a mobile device.

If I receive beneficiary details on whatsapp or email, I add it on net banking instead of app because on phone I will have to switch between bank app and details which is inefficient unless I use Galaxy Note with S Pen to copy all relevant parts of whatsapp message (which by the way is not possible with any other phone) and bank app allows me to paste (which most banks don’t) instead of type.

1 Like

But isn’t the sole reason of a UPI for this purpose? to avoid all this. Just share the ID or the QR and money gets transferred.

However, from a proprietor side, net banking is still preferred for payments to vendors or even statutory dues, but the market for it is becoming less, as nowadays people directly send you a link which directs to a payment gateway and u can make direct payment and avoid this. There is a specific NeoBank called OpenBank which does this, they do charge a fee for this service, but it does look promising from a business perspective.

1 Like

UPI has it’s own limitations in how much money can be transferred in a day or in a transaction. Like you rightly said payment to vendors happen using net banking, they get invoices, will approve it, schedule the transfer date and run NEFT to all vendors at once. UPI or manual payments using links won’t work. Just like payroll. I believe the initial connection to payroll requires net banking authorization. Perhaps eNACH authorizations work the same way.

2 Likes

Hi,

It is needed because net-banking is also a digital way of banking but primarily if my phone stops working or stolen or something similar then I will deprived of banking till I again get a hold of smartphone.

I remember flipkart in 2015 once went for app only model but later had to bring bank browser based site also. They had to admit going app-only was a mistake.

I understand that you actually don’t need to develop NetBanking on your own like the app as one can always register and login in to partner bank without any hassle and avail the basic services.

I have an account with niyo IDFC, Finin and fi money and have registered for their parnter bank NetBanking also. No doubt app ui/ux of neo bank are much better than the partner banks.

In my opinion bank have better infrastructure then the neo bank. So NetBanking as an alternate is always preferred.

Just my two cents.

4 Likes

I agree with @goneo. Having a website version will be better. You’re much more likely to loose a phone, stolen, damaged etc., than a laptop or PC. If my phone gets stolen or lost, I need a way to access my account. Not everybody runs around or have multiple phone to use as a backup device.

I upvote the idea to have a website based login portal or net banking.

3 Likes

You can download the app to someone’s other Device to block your card

Point: If you lost your device you’ll no access of your sim too so how were you able to login to NetBanking without OTP?
Same for app too if you even download you can’t access it till you release your sim card.
So no point of NetBanking/website here

FYI Federal NetBanking do not require OTP for login . For transactions it is definitely required.

2 Likes

@Imashish It not that there is no point. For example, I can access my ICICI net banking even if I have lost my phone, doesn’t asks me for an OTP for just logging in. Once I have logged in though, I can at least block my card reset password and user id (although it’s a bit cumbersome process), but it’s possible and gives me a piece of mind.

Jupiter can allow users to even change their registered phone number through the web portal in case of lost phone, by doing various identity authentication and even face identification using laptop webcam and cross matching them to their database.

Also, it’s not possible to always find “someone’s Device” to install an app. For instant, consider you’re travelling solo in a foreign country or are on a business trip where you don’t know anyone and you lost your phone. Who would you ask to lend you a Device so that you can install an app on that?

A phone is always more prone to being lost, stolen, accidental damage than say a laptop, which most of the target audience of Jupiter will have as well.

2 Likes

Only SBI Net Banking asks for OTP for login, others don’t.

3 Likes

@divprn No matter how much you justify, Jiten has made it pretty clear in one his post that Jupiter is not gonna provide net banking facility and if we need that then better open an account with Federal bank directly. Being the product owner he has all the right decide about the features. So it’s better to move on I guess and enjoy the Jupiter app.

1 Like

In short Jupiter is not gonna provide NetBanking, no neo bank In india provides NetBanking (website) there main focus is always on app.
If you need NetBanking then open an account with Federal bank itself.

Jupiter is not a bank. If you are opening an account on Jupiter that means you are opening an account on Federal bank. So you can use ‘Fednet’ for net banking by using your account number which you will get in Jupiter app after opening an account.:+1:

3 Likes

Can’t use fednet also
Can’t avail Federal debit card, visa signature offers also. Tried personally
Visa signature is just a gimmick

2 Likes