Uncomfortable money situations #3 - Who pays for the dinner? 👫

Hi everyone!

We’re back with our 3rd uncomfortable situation around money! Thank you for participating in the previous topics, it’s nice to see folks who are relating to the series and sharing your real life inputs!
Looking forward to see more :party_parrot:

If you missed them, here they are! :point_down:t3:

So, let’s move on to our next situation for the week.

Situation of the week :spiral_calendar:

Since Valentines day just got over, let’s have one around that :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re on a date. (Assuming the Guy POV). You went to movies, parks, a pet cafe, and even had some window shopping. It’s been a fun day and finally you’re having a dinner date.

Both of you order drinks, a platter and had fun conversations. When you call for the bill, both of you stare at the bill and look a each other. Predicting, who will make the first move to pay. An awkward situation, don’t you think?

What would you do? Vote below :point_down:t3:

• Man up, pay the bill as a treat
  • Ask your date to pay as a treat
  • Pay the bill now, ask for the share later
  • Talk about splitting the bill
  • Is there an other way? Share below!
0 voters

There’s no single, universally accepted answer to who pays for the bill on a date. It depends on various factors and has evolved greatly over time due to changing societal norms and expectations.

Remember:

• The focus should be on enjoying the date and getting to know each other. Don’t let the bill cloud the experience.
  • Flexibility and understanding are key. Be open to different approaches and respect each other’s preferences.
  • Clear communication: Talking about finances beforehand can prevent misunderstandings and ensure a more enjoyable experience for both.

What would you do in this situation?

Let us know in the comments below if you’ve faced this situation or a similar one.
How did you deal with it?

Happy Friday!
@trust_level_0

The man does not have any other choice other than being chivalrous. That’s what I have learned.

5 Likes

Option -Man up, pay the bill as a treat
Coz, The first impression is the best impression :laughing: :smiley:

2 Likes

Out of topic but you need to invest time to resolve bugs reported here on community or received via chat rather then creating these time pass threads.
Happy Friday :blush:

Whoever initiated the date must pay for the first date.

First give me someone to date then I’ll reply to this :sob::sob:

3 Likes

I agree with @razack .

But if the other person initiates the idea of splitting the bill, It’s a green flag for me :joy:.

1 Like