New Jupiter UI ⚡

Yes absolutely symmetry is important. My main gripe with the current official UI is that some elements look phenomenal but some looks out of place. I mean the current UI feels inconsistent IMO.

But yeah my designs just reflects my taste and it might give the team an idea on some UI elements.

Thanks again.

1 Like

2 Likes

I am much of a symmetry guy with rounded squareish edges and all but something is really special about this model… I like it :heavy_heart_exclamation:.

It has everything a noob person like me in banking needs in a banking app.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Aswin_Benny

1 Like

Waaah!

1 Like

We admire your work
but my review is that you should not fit all the info and option in just one square . Expense and income, bill payments, many pots, cards big square icon in very limited space.
Not symmetry at the bottom. Scan and pay not aligned very well.
All icons are very large.
No tabs, everything become messy in single window

2 Likes

The moveable HUD icon is pretty good idea. But can we make it optional?

Say it defaults to opt in, but the user can turn it off if needed in the settings?

2 Likes

Turn on/off HUD in the settings would be nice :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Karate Kid

1 Like

Sorry for posting too many…im just addicted to this :smile::smile:

here are my other mockups with dark mode…

Light Mode:

Grey Mode:

Dark Mode:

7 Likes

This UI is awesome.
It is similar to that of CRED’s UI some 3-4 months ago.However their UI is very horrible now.
Your UI in Light mode really looks nice however everyone now want dark mode.
Maybe you can improvise the dark mode as letters are not lucid enough.

3 Likes

I think in dark mode bold texts do better. And thanks for your comment.

2 Likes

@Ranjeth

• I’m not sure about the Jupiter logo tbh. It takes too much space + user would know it’s our app. It’ll be too much branding. The Jupiter app logo shows up during app launch too (splash screen).
  • This one has smaller fonts which may be harder to read.
  • Scan and Pay button might need to be bigger.
  • Love the dark mode, but the text on the recent transactions might need to be bigger and more coloured. Looks washed for now.

We’re actually revamping the home page. We’ll talk about it and let you guys test it a bit next week. An announcement will be made for Jupiter labs.

3 Likes

I think date & time are not that important. Instead of date/time we should have description. The transactions should be listed date wise with date in separate line as shown here and time can be seen in the detailed view of txn:

2 Likes

Jupiter logo looks cool that’s why :smile:and text size depends on the DPI of the user’s screen so yeah it can be easily optimized accordingly.

I felt the same regarding “scan and pay” button.

And when will I be invited to jupiter labs?

1 Like

I disagree. Date and time in transactions are important. Should we fish out a transaction, how to do that if you have no idea when that transaction happened?

I hate Standard Chartered’s mobile app because of this. On their quest to simplify, the forgot the basic of things- transaction history.

3 Likes

Good suggestion @nareshk

1 Like

Yes… description can be viewed/edited only when the user touches a particular transaction.

I hear you, but we do need date n time mentioned on transaction history. 99% of transaction description I’ve come across are gibberish. The few I can add, I don’t bother to, because tags exist, and Jupiter does a fine job categorising them (most of the time).

Maybe it’s my personal bias, but I don’t get the fetish with Descriptions :thinking:

If you do use them, can you share your opinion?

2 Likes

I don’t care about description but I do care about the way each transactions are displayed. I suggest jupiter team to make a system that automatically converts the “gibberish” description to useful readable ones like the transaction names shown in the above mock-ups.

1 Like