Improved QR code scanning experience 🚀

Update your app to the latest version so that you can enhance your experience for scanning QR codes!

We’ve now added a quick scan and pay button on the Home Screen. It shows up when you do not perform any actions on the screen. As you scroll up or down, it will disappear.

After you tap on the button, the QR code scanner opens up. You can now see your total balance of your Jupiter savings account before making a payment!

Oh and remember when we said you couldn’t upload a QR code image from your phone gallery to scan? Well, you can now do it :slight_smile:
There’s an icon on the top right. Tap on it so that you can upload an image from your phone gallery.

4 Likes

This is really appreciative work, Jupiter growing day by day.
Floating scan & pay
Gold pots
Scan qr from gallery
Awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

IMHO, it was not needed.

Even if a floating option OR a larger button was required then the old option near Deposit money should have been removed.
Having two option for the same functionality, on the same page doesn’t look good to ME.
And the new Scan and Pay IMAGE is pixelating for me.

Also, one question to the team:

Why is Jupiter Balance displayed on the Scan Page? When we enter the amount after scanning, the balance gets displayed there right? If balance has to be shown everywhere, why even have a Hide Balance option on the Landing Page of Jupiter?

There will by more prying eyes OR people looking at the balance when one scan’s a QR Code. I don’t want the world to know my Balance! QR scanning page would be exposed more than the Landing page, where balance is hidden.

I for one won’t be able to use Jupiter QR code scanner, if Jupiter Balance is not hidden on QR Code. Highly disappointed on this one. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

2 Likes

The QR code scanner next to on deposit money & card, may seem repetitive. True.

We’ll check that one out.

Regarding the balance shown on QR code scanning screen, yes. Your use case makes sense. Would you prefer having hide balance on the scanning page as well?

1 Like

Absolutely Shawn.
I’d prefer the Jupiter balance hidden everywhere. On the Home Screen as well as Scanning Page.

But I can understand that customers who have lots of accounts may forget how much they have in Jupiter, so it makes sense to show Jupiter balance on the screen(where one enters the amount for UPI Payment) but other than that is too much ease(for 3rd person too know your balance).

Digital Gold Conversion looks good. Would there be an option to buy Digital Gold in future?

3 Likes

Yup. We’re working on a few adjustments for the QR code scanning experience. Stay tuned.
Oh and why wait till the future? You can buy/sell digital gold anytime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Buy/Sell Gold is enable after one converts Jewels to Gold, right? Because I don’t see any option to buy Gold with Jupiter Balance. :thinking:

Correct. Only after you convert your jewels into gold, you can encash it into your Jupiter savings account.

As of now there’s no option to invest in gold from your savings account directly. This option will come soon.

1 Like

Right! Thanks for the clarification.

I was wondering where am I missing the Buy/Sell option :joy:

1 Like

That’s great news… Jupiter is making everyday exiting.

I remember writing about this only last week (I understand the team might have worked on this even before that). But just to see what I wanted being implemented so soon makes me happy.

Oh… the peek-a-boo scan and pay button is fun!!! :wink:

And displaying balance on the payment page is a nice touch. Kudos!

Keep up the good work. Thanks!

That is totally me… I don’t think any other app has this option (displaying the balance on the payment page). That’s a nice thought. Thanks @JupiterTeam

@Pratyushh I don’t use the payments account for savings and vice versa. So displaying the total balance doesn’t bother me. But I understand your concern. One account to rule them all! :wink:

1 Like

Great…But as suggested by others, kindly remove the QR scanner near card details

5 Likes

Scan QR Code repetition has been fixed in the new Update, but the balance on QR Code scan page has not been hidden.

So, I assume that is not something Jupiter team is working on @Shawnpinto ?

2 Likes

Yep. The repetitive QR code button has been replaced with POTS.
For the balance being shown on the QR code scanning page, we’ll be needing a bit more time on that. As we need more use cases and reasons to change/modify it.

2 Likes

It would better if there was an eye option near the balance on scan screen just like its on the home tab,
I dont want others to se my acc balance while i’m paying.
Its not something that everyone wants ig but for the people who prefer privacy its an important feature.

2 Likes

IMO Privacy and Security takes top priority over anything. It’s a binary problem for me.

Balance display on Scanner: NO Jupiter UPI use
No balance display on Scanner: YES to Jupiter UPI

@Navharsh_Kr I think an option in settings would be much better. Tapping on the eye option everytime is too much work.

Anyways, so long Jupiter UPI.
Hope to be back using it, iff Jupiter adds an option to hide it.

3 Likes

I hope you have the eye button on the scan screen,So people can tap when they want to see the balance.

1 Like

Its added in the app ig very recently

2 Likes

Soon we’ll be able to hide the balance while scanning the QR code :slight_smile:
It’ll come in the next app update.

8 Likes

yayyy! That’ll be an improvement. I hope I’ll not have to do it everytime, I open the scanner. :see_no_evil:

1 Like