QR Code Display to receive payments

Currently the QR code for Jupiter Account is somewhere hidden under UPI Account Settings. Its really difficult to find out. Please place the QR Code icon somewhere on the profile sections or payments screen to so that it can be shown easily to receive payments from other apps.

5 Likes

yea we need easy access to QR code in order to recieve payments

2 Likes

Hey @Shivaji_M_D , will be sharing this across teams. Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

Currently the QR Code for receiving money is very difficult to find. It is inside
Transfers >> More Menu >> Manage UPI Accounts >> Settings

It shall be kept somewhere on the main screen, preferably should appear with a click on the scan QR code screen.

4 Likes

@arjavparikh You mean something like Paytm - left swipe and QR code is right there…

1 Like

Not just paytm. This is a basic functionality in mostly all the UPI apps.

3 Likes

ah nice to know that there is an option available but it should really be easy to access.

1 Like

I also didn’t know that this option is there in the Jupiter app… New useful information.

True. I’ve seen other UPI apps where there’s an option to show your account’s QR code.
But people use UPI handles way more than showing QR codes to others right?

The problem I see is, If the Jupiter app did have the option to show the account’s QR code, you won’t be able to take a screenshot since it’s not allowed. Hence, you won’t be able to send it to others as a png/JPEG image for others to scan. (We now have the feature to upload QR code images from the phone gallery).

The only way this can work is if the person is next to you.

yep it only works when that person is next to you ,
but it is useful if was easy to to access.
Many time its faster to just show qr rather than telling the other person the full upi id.

1 Like

True. But let’s say you’ve already done some transactions with the person earlier. You don’t have to ask for his UPI ID again. In the payments tab, it shows the recent payees for UPI.

But you’re right if the payment is being done for the first time.

1 Like

@Navharsh_Kr Oh just realised that the QR code is in the app!
Head over to Transfers, under UPI payments tap on the 3 dots, manage UPI accounts, tap settings for the Jupiter account. It will show a QR code for it.

It’s hidden all the way here, we’ll work on the visibility and the navigation parts.

4 Likes

yeah i know there’s an option but it just needs to be more easily accessible as you said.

3 Likes

You can just give an option to download or share option for QR code. If you can’t give access for screenshot give a share card option which would be much better. For example look at the bank details to share in Paytm Bank section which comes there as a card and also Paytm QR section where we can share the QR along with screenshot option. Disable the screenshot option and give a share option.

1 Like

There should be an option to “pay again” to same merchant and people there if we have done the payment already. It’s very basic and must feature to have.

2 Likes