Laptop not showing Wi-Fi symbol

Yes pendrive/cd is required…(You can try it in a virtual machine though but won’t help with your wifi issues).

When I started using Linux distribution. I never had a pendrive, so I used my SD card and a card reader (30rs here) and tried it on my PC .

For wifi issue, you don’t have to install it, linux allows using the system in live demo without installing it (as long as your bootable drive is inserted in PC).

3 Likes

Leave that persistent partition thing to be default. Not required in this case actually.

4 Likes

Can Linux be installed in a low end system? I have a system that runs windows 7 smoothly but not 10 .

1 Like

linux can run on any system use it you can get a smooth experience. @Dinesh_Gupta

will you help me please? I want the lightest version of Linux and where to download it. If possible youtube video or software to make bootable pen drive. How to install? I will be grateful to you.

in the world of linux operating systems are modular you can change any portion of os and replace with other i think the lightest ui is xfce and there is a version of ubuntu pre configured with xfce it’s xubuntu try that one, if it fits you then install that

1 Like

btw all the distros can work under 4 gb ram easily if you have 4 gb or more you can run any desktop environment .

@Alec That is true. But you can ask generic stuff too. If folks find it interesting, they might join in.

1 Like