Laptop not showing Wi-Fi symbol

I have Asus tuf f15 laptop, suddenly it’s not showing wifi symbol at all. Tried reboot, clean windows os installation, downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 almost covered all things mentioned in YouTube.

After doing above mentioned things, Wi-Fi is working for hardly 10min again same issue is repeating.

Any tech guys/Asus users know how to fix this?

3 Likes

Use any wifi usb adapter and check if it worked

1 Like

try uninstalling and installing wifi driver

1 Like

Dongle?

Downloaded from Asus website, but also no use.

No, it’s external wifi adapter

1 Like

There seems to be a problem with the laptop’s Wi-Fi receiver.

2 Likes

I guess, this kind of things won’t support WiFi 6, WiFi 5GHz.

3 Likes

For temporary solution use your phones internet via usb tethering which will transfer data through USB . Then update driver or downgrade driver from windows device manager. If the wifi card is not visible in the list on the top there is an option to view hidden devices turn it on and then you can see the wifi card in greyed out.

1 Like

It’s greyed out. I tried to update, it’s showing as currently using latest driver. This is the error code showing. What I can do now?

2 Likes

I think the there is a problem with wifi card physically. Either it has become loose and hence not being read properly or it has some issues. You would need to get it serviced at service center.

2 Likes

hey there is a way to test if your wifi card is working or not. boot your laptop with a linux iso Ubuntu, Fedora or any one and try connecting to your wifi router from there if it’s working then there is no hardware problem. format your os if not working change wifi card it’s not that costly you can get one for around 2-3 k

1 Like

will we get Wi-Fi 6 with that 3-4k range?

Try using a linux distribution to see if wifi works or not. My friend had the same issue with windows . It was fixed(not sure what we did, reinstalled wifi drivers :thinking:, i guess)

1 Like

linux is great cz every driver is pre installed there

2 Likes

have you tried debugging with a linux distro

1 Like

@Aswin_Benny @Pratyay_Mustafi I don’t anything about Linux. I know only about windows. Kindly share a YouTube video so that I can manage.

download ubuntu iso and make a pendrive bootable with belena etcher and just boot your laptop with pendrive and there will be a button to try ubuntu . click on it and try connecting to wifi. there is nothing about knowledge it’s one of the easiest thing go try it.
** make sure you don’t have any data on pendrive cz making the pendrive bootable will delete it’s data

1 Like

@Pratyay_Mustafi can I shift to Ubuntu without pendrive or CD?

1 Like