Jupiter's Rewards are changing, and you have to decide if its for the good or not

I’ve faced some issues with Amazon too, but I just don’t have time to reach chat support, its the most convenient but I’ve got other job to do. Many other people I know have faced issues with top merchants. Why can you not let us use this like a normal debit card? Why so many blacklisting and crap? I don’t even care if you half the rewards you are giving now. Just make this a normal debit card. I feel like this a Prepaid card now, with ability to transact at specific merchants. Its just frustrating!!!

2 Likes

I’m sure most of the people joined Jupiter because of one and only one thing i.e cashback on every transaction.
Even in Jupier.meney it has been mentioned.

So, don’t get me wrong in bringing this out.

1 Like

The Jupiter chat customer care persons are so ineligible to be at that place .
When I asked about my failing UPI transaction at Amazon , they told me to my international transaction in debit card is turned off… I was like how’s that even connected :joy:
I said done… Again failed
So they asked me to turn on Contactless payment on my debit card😂
For ur kind information I don’t even have physical debit card of Jupiter bank 🤦

I dono how u guys are hiring such ppl
Unfortunately couldn’t take screenshots… It’s blocked for security reasons!

All that customer care chat person does is " I’ll b back in a jiffy "

Why can’t I use my UPI and debit card just like other bank cards??

1 Like

Been reading all the comments on this post,

Although I agree with the misuse part, the Reward system is basically restricted to like maybe 1 out of 100 Payments…which is really unfortunate.

Also, I am not sure why Amazon Shopping purchases are ineligible for rewards…Shopping used to be rewarding experience, not anymore :face_with_thermometer:
Also Food Orders,
Basically my interest level has :arrow_down_small:

I hope there was an info section on Payment Gateway (VISA) of Jupiter Debit Card where it would show whether the transaction is eligible for reward. (Like Mobikwik Supercoins)

2 Likes

Because when you cancel the order of Amazon they ask you to where would you want to receive refund Amazon pay balance or original payment mode if you selected Amazon pay balance then Jupiter not able to track the refund.

If they blocked the payment to Amazon or some specific platforms then there’s no sense to use their bank it’s our money who you are to decide whether to use it.i already left them they don’t care about your refund failed transaction or any inconvenience nether they give higher interest so it’s better to left them.

Ya, the interest rate is garbage

1 Like

I used to think SBI is the only commercial Bank which gives less interest in saving account but when I heard about Fi and check the interest rate offered by Federal then I surprised how can a private Bank offer so less interest in saving account.

1 Like

Hi Karthik,

We are also showing a reason for the rewards not given on the transaction details screen for all the transactions - this will give you an idea on why certain payments don’t give you rewards. However, subscription payments should not have been blocked. Kindly share the transaction ID and we will look into it.

1 Like

All,

Jupiter doesn’t block any payments from its end. This instance with Amazon happened because of some downtime from out and our partner’s end.

Also, please rest assured that Jupiter will never block a payment based on rewards eligibility. It is your hard earned money and you have all the rights to spend at any place, and Jupiter provides you all the means to do that. We just keep a check on what transactions fall under our genuine qualified purchases and reward the transactions based on that.

1 Like

@DEBASISH_SAHU

You are still earning rewards real time! We just hold this amount for redemption for 15 days. We’re doing this to account for refunds/reversals of transactions and to prevent misuse of the rewards construct.

1 Like

Ok, but from my experience, I still don’t have the confidence of a normal debit card with Jupiter. It feels more like a prepaid card like Pockets, Mobikwik Blue amex, Payzapp, etc. I am more confident with Payzapp and Amex Blue than Jupiter and I don’t even have a Savings account with them.

1 Like

The 15 days hold was not my problem. I was replying to this

@GROWNUPS

We do not block rewards for e-commerce and food orders. If you have faced any issue, Kindly share the transaction ID and we will definitely look into it.

1 Like

Transaction Id: 124923072333

1 Like

Hey bro…good to see you here !

-Tofu :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again when the Jupiter website said that earn rewards on “every” transaction, it makes no sense to block credit card payments. I understand that wallet load is a problem since people may add to wallet and then send it to bank but why credit card payments?

5 Likes

[quote=“Jiten, post:23, topic:11977, full:true”]
We are just blacklisting merchants/locations at places of misuse. Not doing it other way
[/quote]

Not sure if it’s really the case. App actions for the transactions doesn’t speak so. I paid for my ACT wifi bill through their app with debit card as payment option. And their payment gateway was Paytm. This transaction is flagged a Paytm merchant transaction (although it’s just a gateway in this case) and not eligible for Jewels. Can you please shed some light on how is this not a genuine transaction!

1 Like

have you reached out to chat support? @JupiterTeam please look into this

@Bankofthefuture @Jiten @Shawnpinto You must increase reward program validity for existing customers only because of more delayed launching as you have given commitment to us. As you have also removed email verification reward, card activation rewards, payee addition rewards like this for us. So this is totally unfair with us.

1 Like