Jupiter's Rewards are changing, and you have to decide if its for the good or not

But yesterday I got rewards for debit card payment on Jiomart and they also use Razorpay as payment partner !

We are just blacklisting merchants/locations at places of misuse. Not doing it other way

@mohit.chitlangia must be some error.

It would be really helpful if someone from the team could point out how these broad metrics can help identify misuse of reward system because a lot of community members are confused about the recent Reward T&C changes.

Many community members would want to stick to Jupiter for long so transparency on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve seen my friends earn rewards on transactions that clearly are wallet loads and credit card bill payment (I won’t tell what those are), it’s just ridiculous some transactions that should are not classifying as not “misuse”. However, for rewards to be given out, things like this needs to be done. But, since most people here are finance gurus, they’ll get away with any restrictions. My credit card doesn’t earn accelerated rewards on wallet loads, transfers, bill payments, I’ve still managed to find a work around through Ola money and two other secret apps :joy:. It’s like Hackers vs Security Companies…

Hi Siddharth,

Please educate us as well on the credit card accelerated rewards thing :sweat_smile:

Nope, sorry…

Sorry for not giving you the warmest of welcomes :joy:

Lol, no issues :blush:
You are acting as if it is a security concern. I’m not sure if you have ever gone through cardexpert.in
People help others on that blog instead of boasting about something.

That was not my intention pm your Twitter, I’ll let you know how on there. I don’t want Jupiter to patch it lol. My friends would be fuming otherwise :joy:.

Yes, I know about Siddarth (not me). I have shared some tricks but they’ve been patched. Could be coincidence, but I am no longer sharing my findings publicly…

Sorry if I came out rude last time.

No, you didn’t sound rude. I didn’t know your intention behind not sharing and that’s why I replied like that. Anyway, sorry for being a little blunt :slightly_smiling_face:
I have messaged you my Twitter.

I got several denials of jewels last week when used upi. Mostly mentioned as merchant not verified or qualified.

Can it be done prior to the payment giving that information to be fair to the customer to see if we want to use the upi or any other model of payments. It’s frustrating to see this especially when it’s not a verified merchant

1 Like

That sounds fair to me.
This must be implement as soon as possible.
@Jiten what’s your view on this?

We do not block any rewards based on payment gateway. Unfortunate that some of you have observed this happening more for Razorpay/PayU. We have only blocked suspicious merchants and categories that we qualify as sources of misuse.

We have only blocked a handful of categories to ensure that the right transactions at right places are rewarded for the users.

Also, we don’t want to promote a behaviour where a transaction is done only to get a reward. We want users to find overall value while using then app and rewards is an addition to that value.

3 Likes

Some people in this thread have found workarounds. It would be win-win, if Jupiter rewards them for sharing the legitimate workarounds. Kind of like a bug bounty program.

1 Like

they’d rather us just reap in the rewards, its just cheaper lol.

Then may be give recognition also. Also they can’t reap indefinetly, because sooner or later someone else will share anyway (competition kicks in) or team itself may find out.

There’s a loophole if you transect on Amazon.

I have used Jupiter for buying a news subscription and unfortunately no rewards were given.

I think they have blocked transactions on Amazon too??!
Both card and UPI payment is failing at the site … Otherwise UPI and card both working properly in other sites.
I was so happy that even though I don’t have Amazon pay credit card , I can still get 5% cashback on Amazon

Not giving rewards is secondary… Atleast one shouldn’t block your transactions!!
It’s our money and we choose where to spend our money.
Just lost hopes on Jupiter bank
I feel insecure now to keep my money there… What if tomorrow they block all ur transactions??
@Jiten

2 Likes

Hey @Anvith_KH , we haven’t blocked transactions on Amazon. I see you’ve faced challenges while transacting. Could you please raise a chat request in app? We’ll look into it :slight_smile: