Jupiter Debit Card Charges

After going through your points thoroughly, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you’ve said. :thumbs_up:

3 Likes

Very well articulated. @Jiten Maybe you should consider reading this.

3 Likes

Well put. :saluting_face::saluting_face::saluting_face:

This is one of my bitter experience with Jupiter. Bug in "auto pay" section

1 Like

Jupiter has recently made updates to their debit card charges once more. But unfortunately, they still impose charges for the virtual card.

Also, they have not communicated these changes to the customers yet.

2 Likes

Now the free looking normal :wink: , it’s also gives 1st year free like pnb , sbi , niyox ( Equtas) …

But fee waiving criteria 25k on selected merchants?

2 Likes

I know i am fairly late on commenting on this thread. While, the current customer base that are very active on the community are students/young individuals that are starting their work journey; feel that the charges are way too much , they’ll need to consider that there are costs involved in running the Ops and if we are expecting the bank to sustain those costs & keep the services free, how will they sustain the business. Cash burn is not always an option for them and we as consumers also to be mindful of this. Always remember this - there is no free lunch, ever.

6 Likes

It’s not normal, they even charged on virtual card :rofl:

1 Like

:thinking: i see, that’s not fair :unamused: they not saying about virtual so i think it’s applicable only physical one, if they charged on virtual Card it’s completely unfair… I can’t see any bank to charge for virtual one

2 Likes

Like Paytm, contact us 24/7 likha he lekin , contact ho nehi pata he , ticket issue hota he to 24 hours me resolve hone ka varosa :joy: 10 din bad roi reply deta he … uske bad self guide ka ek text copy paste karke chor deta he :joy:

1 Like

Look carefully at the bottom, it’s mentioned

“Annual fee is applicable to both virtual and physical debit card”

1 Like

Learning Hindi now to stay active in the sub.

1 Like

Aapka point ek dum sahi Hain. Lekin, humko bhi samajna padega ke ek business ek limit tak hi offers de sakta hain. Uske baad, hard choices lene padte hain.

2 Likes

The main concern is that they did not inform customers about the charges. Adding to this frustration is the lack of transparency surrounding the charges, which has left customers feeling uninformed and uncertain about the company’s practices.
Even when contacted the support regarding this, customer support have no idea about the charges.

3 Likes

From entirely free virtual and physical debit cards, to free virtual card with one-time fee on physical debit card, to now paid virtual card physical debit card.
I have some suggestions with which Uranus can charge their cheerleaders even more. Charge a one-time fee when anyone installs the app, and then charge ₹69+GST every time they open the app. Stonks :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Seriously though, they need to reconsider this change. I am gonna close the account if this isn’t reversed. Happy with Kotak 811 account.

2 Likes

There are waiver options provided for same. Those terms are very relaxed if you read through carefully.

3 Likes

There are waiver options for now. We never know when they will be revised, and going by track record, they can be revised anytime, no? I don’t think you’ll need business advice from your users, but please, for the sake of the other 8 (or seven if you don’t count Pluto) planets, reconsider the devaluation.

1 Like

While there may be waiver options available, it’s important to note that these terms may not be as relaxed for everyone. Meeting the requirements for a waiver can still be a burden for many, and even with a waiver, the cost for that may still be unaffordable, particularly for students or low-income individuals who may still struggle to meet the requirements. While waivers can be helpful, it’s important to consider the broader financial circumstances of individuals who may still find it challenging to access these options. It’s important for companies and organizations to consider the diverse financial circumstances of their users and provide options that are truly accessible to all.

[Just sharing my thoughts :v:t2: ]

1 Like

Saala yeh dukh khatm hi nhi hota be :confounded:

2 Likes

Hi Jiten.
Totally agree with your words where customers have to contribute for the business to grow and I am supporter of it too.
Being an entrepreneur is the toughest job. Kudos to you.
Roughly around Rs.250/- per year is no big deal for anyone.
The terms for fee waiver are very relaxing though as you said.
But most of the people on the forum are bothered about changing the TnC after ordering the card when it was shown that there is only a one time fee.
Better option would be to charge only the customers who are newly onboarded. This way the old customers would be satisfied and Jupiter can live upto the promise they made at the time of ordering the physical card for old customers.
EOD, it’s the team call. Survival of the business is the key.

3 Likes

In case of waiver conditions not being met by existing users, we would charge them only in March/April 24. Not charging immediately. FYI

7 Likes