Insights | What's the right way to track? šŸ¤”

I donā€™t use pets and charity at all. I expect to use a few others rarely.

The existing categories do make sense when viewing through the perspective you presented.
The things that donā€™t seem to fit any category is ā€œSpecial Occasionsā€.

Tags being easier to use would be really great. Presently, adding tags is too deliberate a process. Maybe, something like ā€œWe auto-tagged your purchaseā€ and then selecting or adding tags might help make it easier.

While we are on the topic, say I buy two lightbulbs, a pedigree bag, and some groceries from the nearby kirana; noise enters insights as this is ā€œgroceries+petsā€. If this becomes a regular thing, then the insights are more noise than data. I have been there a few times. I am not sure if this is an edge case or a regular occurrence with others.

2 Likes

Blockquote

I circumvent this by tagging the merchants. For example, the store where I usually buy my groceries gets tagged ā€œgroceryā€ regardless of the percentage of stuff I purchased that may not be groceries. Meanwhile sutta is tagged ā€œmiscellaneousā€ even if thatā€™d include eggs (can happen) or Lahori Zeera drinks.

@Kruthi_Purohit ā€”

Sure thereā€™s room for improvement, and I canā€™t wait for insights to fully roll in.
What irks me the most is that despite manually tagging transactions for over a month, auto-tag is still a hit or miss. 8 outta 10 times it picks the wrong tag. Hope to see more work on that front.

2 Likes

What are Lahori Zeera drinks ? Are they good ?

1 Like

Can the team please stop the pots showing up in insights. My money out is annoyingly high because of multiple pots transactions. I have to manually check my money out which kinda makes the overview that insights is suppose to give, useless.

I understand the pots transactions showing up in the statement, but the insights should be smart enough to ignore them

3 Likes

It seems, I wouldnā€™t know how much I spent on sutta at the end of the month with this method.

1 Like

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Sorry that doesnā€™t work for you. I can track mine here.

What I find necessary is to be able to tally the custom tags. Iā€™m not able to see the total, unless I grab a calculator which is a bummer

3 Likes

Tracking might be easier for me as the team makes new changes.
BTW, Chaurasia Ji getting rich on your sutta habit. LOL.

4 Likes

Hello Nishesh,

We hear your valuable suggestion and we have duly noted your feedback. We will certainly share it with the concerned team. We are working on improving our services every day! We wish to provide our customers with the best banking experience.

1 Like

Yes!!! Itā€™s my favourite and wife hates me for it.

1 Like
  • Introduce an option to add new spending category. It is almost impossible to categorize the spendings of such a huge community with just a handful of sections.
  • Or replace the existing categories entirely with tags.
  • Category-wise budget setting would also be very useful.
1 Like

@129032424 Thanks for the suggestion!
We have predefined categories at the moment. Since we couldnā€™t add more, tags took the role for adding more options.

Could you give us an example for a transaction that didnā€™t fall under any category but youā€™d like to add?

Yeah, for eg we can have 2 categories for food itself.
- One to track breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Another one to track snacks, juiceā€¦ Etc

1 Like

Hi @Shawnpinto
After getting access to the AA feature and looking into the insights, have few queries/inputs.

1. Why no tagging feature for spends recognized on AA transactions? We would be loving to have it.
  2. Customised Category. For example, I have amount spent for investment purpose. The same category is missing in the existing list. Even if I try to force the spend into the existing categories, there is no tagging option for the external spends and I donā€™t feel like itā€™s fulfilling itā€™s purpose.
  3. Insights feature for customized period. Right now, we can see only for every month individually.

Hope, these points makes sense. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! @specter
@Lakhan_Suchdev These are pretty good :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Thanks. Hope this will be implemented in the future for better user experience.
Shouldnā€™t be an issue as these are just add-on features to the already developed thing.

1. Option to download statement where category and tags are mentioned in separate columns in excel beside the transaction

@Shawnpinto @Lakhan_Suchdev @Jiten
Just a reminder.
Any update on this?
Please implement them so that it will make Jupiter more interactive.

BlockquoteI think the auto-categorisation should be replaced totally by tags

This will entirely defeat the purpose. Users will have to manually add tags to each and every transaction. The current system has multitag, auto categorization + the manual tagging can solve your issue.

Though hope they bring in filtering using the auto categorization (in the statement) soon

1 Like

Received the recent app update sometime back.

Amazed to see that you people have incorporated weekly as well monthly insights now in addition to monthly insights.

However, I noticed there is still room for some improvement here.

1. Custom period selection in addition to W/M/Y insights.

2. When I go to all transactions section, and I try to select multiple filters, the transactions donā€™t display. They are only displayed if I select single filter at a time. Ideally, this shouldnā€™t be how it works right. I think this is a bug.

3. In the filter section, the tags are not alphabetically arranged. And I feel if you provide search above filter section to easily search filters, it would be great and very flexible for the users.
    @Shawnpinto

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)