Edge CSB bank RuPay Credit Card ๐Ÿ’ณ

Itโ€™s not the recipient bank but the merchantโ€™s choice and decision to receive payments via credit card on UPI.

Not sure how it works for merchant but do they have options to disable such payment options?

Yes. Also for transactions above 2000, a small fee + GST is levied on them.

How many days did it took for card delivery? Also, till when the 10,000 limit is capped? For first 24 hrs of card issuance of till card delivery?

card delivery took 2 days for chennai location and limit cap is till physical card delivery and card activation

Yes, the merchants have an option.

As for CC on UPI, only merchant payments are allowed. P2P, loading wallets, funding other bank / brokerage accounts and some other transactions are prohibited.

Most small merchants you see accepting CC on UPI are probably not even aware of what it is as these are set-up by the salesperson of the likes of PayTM, BharatPe, PhonePe, GPay, etc.

1 Like

Scan and pay transactions are getting declined. IVR support not having any answers. Daily telling to try after 24 hrs. After 24 hours same issue.

Sir / Madem I m already pre approved this card and applied this card on Jupiter app but some spelling mistakes video kyc not completed they said make corrections and resend application but application form not available in app when clicked directly video kyc section open i tried all options to give help this issue but not help me any one when and how this issue resolved

@AbhijeetJade Welcome to the community.
Suggest you mail to edge-csb-support@jupiter.money

Also Tagging @Lizann_Fernandez

1 Like

I received an email about the โ€œnewโ€ rewards structure on Jupiter CSB Rupay Credit Card, which said, โ€œThe new rewards structure will come into effect from 22 March, 2024. Until then, you will continue earning up to 5% cashback on UPI and 1% cashback on credit card spends.โ€

Does it mean Jupiter is stopping the up to 5% cashback on UPI after 22nd March?

Damn looks like there is goona be a devaluation of the card even before itโ€™s rolled out to everyone. LMAO!

9 Likes

Yes, this is now confirmed. Customer service called me and emailed stating that up to 5% cashback on UPI benefit is no longer available. They say โ€œusers will receive a guaranteed 2% cashback on spending in one of the designated categories, including Travel, Dining, or Shopping which you have activatedโ€ฆโ€

Makes this card junk. Donโ€™t see a point in keeping it.

1 Like

True. Why would anyone go for this card now? Only attraction was up to 5% cashback on UPI spendsโ€ฆ

This card will be useless now as someone mentioned about slashing cashback to 2%. My SBI CARD is the best. 5% cashback on every online transaction.

1 Like

We had run user research. Consumers werenโ€™t happy with uncertainty on rewards. They rather preferred guaranteed rewards on txns. Hence, we changed the same to provide guaranteed rewards to users.

You would be surprised that overall reward payout is higher in guaranteed rewards compared to up to 5%.

4 Likes

Donโ€™t see any scenario personally in which that works. I used Jupiter CSB Edge Rupay credit card only for UPI spends. 2% cashback in only one category is not attractive, especially because most savvy credit card users use different cards for different things โ€“ I use Axis Bank Vistara Infinite for most major spends, ICICI Amazon Pay for Amazon, ICICI HPCL Super Saver for fuel, Axis Bank Airtel for utility spends and cashback on Swiggy, Zomato, BB and Amex for some categories like insurance where no one else gives rewards.

The only โ€œedgeโ€ of the Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay credit card is now lost.

1 Like

Canโ€™t comment on personal choices. But business runs on user adoption at scale. User surveys clearly showed us path for this change

1 Like

Whatโ€™s the MDR for CC UPI merchant transaction?

We are seeing blended earning of 1% as small merchants donโ€™t pay as per rule

1 Like

Of course, itโ€™s your business. Am quite happy with your Federal Bank-powered bank account which I use only for UPI spends too (would prefer not to expose main bank accounts on UPI apps). So even if I junk the credit card, guess I will use continue to use Jupiter for the bank account.

Just a couple of people have responded on this thread, but donโ€™t see anyone among them thrilled about the change in Jupiter credit card rewards either. On a lighter note, decades ago Yes Prime Minister provided a masterclass on designing users surveysโ€ฆ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgjEjJkZks

1 Like