What's the highest cibil score you have seen?

True, i also don’t trust paisabazar neither onescore

1 Like

I have observed that credit age matters most.
My father having no idea about CIBIL missed multiple payments in the past and still manages to maintain consistent credit score .
(I have seen accounts more than 20yrs or something in his report )

2 Likes

Yeah with credit age and healthy credit usage it will eventually grow little by little

3 Likes

Fun fact: SBI doesn’t report late payment nor charge late fee if you miss the payment by 1 day. It’s their grace period.

I am not sure if the same policy is there with other credit card companies.

I came to know about SBI policy because in my initial days with the credit card, I had forgotten to pay. The day after the due date, I paid and called the customer care. They informed about the grace period.

1 Like

I have heard about 3 days somewhere :thinking:. Not sure. Extra charges incurred will be refunded but have to talk to customer care for it.

Not sure

2 Likes

That’s fitst time I heard that, interesting and also it differentiate sbi from others.

Of course, there is always a chance that the SBI customer care executive just bluffed. Especially considering SBI customer care is not so good or knowledgeable. :grimacing:

Another funny thing is that the credit bureaus won’t reveal what they are looking from us, but they expect us to keep up with that. (of course, it could be a business strategy or a step to avoid the customers from gaming the system)

And then we have to guess the things that go into the credit score calculation like credit history, credit utilization ratio, et. al.

1 Like

I too heard about this 3 day grace period.

3 Likes

This was the article and can confirm this works. I have seen people in other fintech communities availing it

1 Like

The news is from 2022. I am talking 2018 when I had this SBI experience. So for me SBI wins. :wink:

2 Likes

I think that’s essential otherwise anyone could improve their score by fulfilling what they need and then financial institutions won’t rely on credit score

1 Like

Ya. Maybe you do have a point. People always try to game the system. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah if that happens there would be a flood on yt about hacking the credit game😂

Let me tell you something, few months back i opened federal bank credit card, i have few queries about the card so that’s why i reached out there customer service. The executive was very helpful, from her I know that in some cases bank even gives you upto 7 days to repay credit card bill after due date. But it’s depends on bank completely. Not everyone will get it.

3 Likes

If the Card Member fails to pay the Minimum Amount Due by the date indicated in the billing
statement, it shall be treated as default. In case of default, the Bank can forward the default report
to the Credit Information Bureaus or to such other agencies as approved by law. However, before
reporting any default, the Bank will inform the Card Member seven days in advance regarding the
Bank’s intention of reporting the default.

• i found this on MITC of federal credit card.
3 Likes

My Highest score is 843(Experian) & 778(Cibil).

1 Like

This is news to me. If this is actually the case, things would be so user friendly and helpful.

2 Likes

So, I’m in my 20s, and I haven’t taken any credit card yet. In the past, when I applied for a credit card, I noticed that I didn’t have any credit score. Then, I used SlayCard, they helped me to build my credit score without spending a penny or taking a credit card against an FD. My current credit score in CIBIL is above 770.

2 Likes

I think many from the community including me and @Aswin_Benny opted for the Slaycard because of their promise of personalized cards when they were first introduced. However, later came to know that it was merely a marketing trick.
I have come across the credit builder feature on the app, but thought it was some sort of gimmick. :laughing:

1 Like