Splitting bills on Jupiter šŸ§¾

This would be ideal I think

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the idea! Bonus would being able send it as a push notification to the userā€™s preferred method (be it google pay or what not), and texts.

2 Likes

Good idea! And since itā€™s just a link, itā€™s easily sharable.
So for non-Jupiter users, it will be something like this:

1. Enter the amount
  2. Generate a link (With some expiry date)
  3. Buttons for social sharing
  4. Live status (Paid/Not paid)

But what kind of link is it? By clicking it, should it open the UPI payments apps? Like how you get the options - "Open with - Gpay, PhonePe, PayTm, etc.

3 Likes

I think opening one of the apps would be a way to go ! What if someone uses an app that is not the big three ? Like fi etc ?

1 Like

This sounds pretty interesting.

1 Like

It could just open in the browser showing the amount that needs to be paid, the user can see who has requested when it expires, then click on pay and use their preferred payment method!

2 Likes

A browser link could work, yes.
They just need to pass the gateway and get the payment successful too.
Once done, the user who had generated the link can see the updated details on the bill page - Saying (X. had paid at this time, amount, etc) with a :ballot_box_with_check:

4 Likes

You are on to something there! :smile:

2 Likes

I like this !

1 Like

The last idea is a go to.
-Send link to friend
-Friend receive link by both message and WhatsApp.
-Clicks on it.
-A very nicely created browser page opens and shows about the bill.
-And pays via an external upi app.

The payment page in browser will also do free ā€œmarketingā€.
Because most Banks has very old fashioned UI and people will know about how good the ui is on Jupiter.

It would be best in class.

Btw love The way Jupiter works.
Closed my Account with Bank of Baroda today and made Jupiter my primary account.

7 Likes

I think the lesser the process is automated and the lesser options are there to split bills, the better.

For eg. - X makes a payment, so below the payment success page, an option like ā€œWant to split this?ā€ can be implemented.
After clicking, you get two options.

A - split equal
B - custom

After selecting desired option, just add the people from your contact list and Jupiter would fetch the associated UPI IDs from those numbers (kind of how Paytm does it)

When you hit okay, a ā€œrequest paymentā€ request can be automatically sent to the respective users on their respective UPI apps.
If the payment is received, show :white_check_mark: against that personā€™s name, else show a ā€˜refreshā€™ button which can be clicked to resend the payment request along with an option to ā€œedit UPI idā€ in the second go.

That would be a much smoother and clutter less link less workflow.

UPI adoption is much higher these days so credit and debit card splits can be integrated in later versions, if needed.

5 Likes

This also sounds really cool. Considering if WhatsApp pay doesnā€™t take off in the near future.

2 Likes

I have been creating a no code version of this product for sometime now. I would love to talk to the PM who has been heading this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vinayakjjw Done :+1:t4:
Letā€™s connect with @Bankofthefuture sometime next week.
Iā€™ll let you know more details regarding this.

Canā€™t wait! :star_struck:

I think google pay introduced bill splitting optionā€¦ I just saw it nowā€¦ When was it rolled out? :thinking:

Whoa! I donā€™t think I have the bill split option on Gpay yet. Canā€™t find it :frowning:

1 Like

Found the FAQ but thereā€™s no option yet. Read more: Split bills on Google Pay - Google Pay Help

1 Like

This looks simple but bills can be split only if they use gpayā€¦ Good feature though

1 Like

Oh! I found it now.
So you need to make a group on Gpay first. Only then you can split the bill.
Sadly, the amounts are not customisable. Everything is divided by the no. of people and amount is split equally :thinking:

Yup. Itā€™s for user who are on Gpay only.

1 Like

Google pay is becoming gud alternative to whatsapp :joy:ā€¦ Need an option to show stories :eyes:

1 Like