Salary accounts | What do you use it for?

Asked HR, they outrightly denied as they have long standing relationships with exiting banks and they cannot change to different bank account which is not partner bank.

So instead of salary account you may change the pro variant by including a minimum balance maintenance to avail the pro benefits or extra benefits just like how other banks do,they give benefits based on maintenance of some Balance in the account.

4 Likes

@Sainath_Gupta This is a good suggestion and merits consideration. Although, it feels wrong that we place restrictive policies like minimum balance on our customers because companies are unwilling to be flexible

These artificial restrictions that banks and companies place on employees is one of the main reasons why they never have to improve their services to you. Because they know even if you want to move you are restricted from switching your account.

Our goal is to change that - you should bank with the partner of your choice because it provides value, and not because it was forced on you. Maybe if enough of us start making noise, companies will be forced to rethink this

Yes I agree, Please provide a separate variant of account to avail the salary pro account benefits by including maintenance of a minimum balance as not everyone can switch to the salary account. Also do improvise the offers section in the app, The “upgrade to pro” on top of the app is quite annoying whenever i open the Jupiter app, makes the user doubt as not using the best version of Jupiter.

3 Likes

Insights on savings

As a rule of thumb, one should invest 25% of his/her salary/month → as there are tags inbuilt → there should be a mechanism that tracks the credit of salary along with transfers in “Investments” or “Pots” → and then can provide a soft nudge in last week of salary month regarding the trajectory of savings.

Also, going forward Jupiter, after analyzing credit and savings, can recommend something like 20% of my savings is in “MF Investments” and 5% is in my “Pots” so if I transfer X amount from “Pots” I can earn approximately diff. Y% of amount.

Maybe in the future, you can link “Good Karma” points or “Fuel” to this savings. Eg. If X’s salary is 100k and he saves 25k then 5k “Fuel” which might be equivalent to internal reward %tage???

2 Likes

@Shawnpinto can you please provide me with the jupiter pro salary account t&c page/details page link?

Have a few questions in mind

1. What if salary is not credit after a few months?
  2. After upgrading to pro salary will the account still be zero balance?
  3. Apart from 600gems will we get anything else with pro account?
  4. Can I switch back to saving account from pro salary?
  5. Is there any difference in charges from Saving account?

Some of you may have seen the hints and topics created for ‘Hey, what’s this choose your account section?’ or What a salary account? - It was all hinting towards salary accounts!

Here’s the difference between a Salary account and Savings account:

Here’s the benefits for having a salary account:

Some snaps of how it’ll look if you have a salary account:

Also, will link this message to the topic thread for reference.

1 Like
  1. Once you have your account turned into Salary, it will never downgrade to a savings account unless… the funds did not come into the account for some time (Lemme check and confirm this)
  2. Yes, it will still be 0 balance.
  3. Yep! I’ve sent the benefits for having a salary account here.
  4. No you can’t. There’s no option to downgrade to a savings account.
  5. You can refer to the difference between salary and savings account.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ashish, one addition here to what Shawn said. If you don’t receive a salary credit for a certain period of time, we will automatically move you back to the regular Savings account.

There’s no switching process built in, because Pro has incremental benefits to savings, and we didn’t foresee a use-case where someone will voluntarily take Savings. But if there’s a legitimate use-case for that, we will consider

3 Likes

Can you please share more details of the health insurance? Which insurance company, terms and conditions of insurance, claim process, exceptions etc.

1 Like

The insurance is provided by ICICI LOMBARD .

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! @SaiRaj :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @SaiRaj
Can you please share the screenshots of the other tabs as well - Exclusions, Policy Summary etc.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am working as ICU medical officer in u n mehta institute of cardiac and research center. And i dont have my personal email provided by the domain of hospital. In this case what should i do. Thank you

Sorry Dhananjay, I don’t have a solve for you at the moment. We require an official id to ensure that this is a legitimate account. Completely understand your situation - want to let you know that we are working on alternate modes to upgrade. Will come back to you as soon as I have a solution

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying :pray::innocent:

Any MAB (Monthly Average Balance) to maintain in Pro Salary Account?

No. If you are already a Pro customer, there is no MAB that you need to maintain.

What if i share my salary slip with you guys!