Queries Before Opening Jupiter Account – ₹10,000 AMB & ₹5,000 Pre-funding

Hi Jupiter Team, I am planning to open a Jupiter Savings Account and have a few questions before opening it:

If I maintain an average monthly balance of ₹10,000 and become eligible for PRO, will the forex charges on eligible international debit-card payments be completely waived/reversed? If yes, what is the exact process and eligibility criteria?

I understand that ₹5,000 is taken as pre-funding when opening the account. When will this ₹5,000 be credited to my Jupiter account and become usable? How long does the credit normally take?

Is the ₹5,000 fully usable balance, or is there any condition/restriction attached to it?

I want to clarify these points before opening my account. Thank you.

Hi @akshat9433 Welcome to the community.

For becoming a PRO user, you can maintain any one of the below:
Savings/Federal Pots AMB: Maintain an Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of ₹10,000 in a Savings Account or Federal Pots.

Federal FD/Super Pots EOD: Maintain an End-of-Day (EOD) balance of ₹40,000 in Federal Fixed Deposits (FD) or Super Pots.

When you open the account, the pre-funded amount is added immediately (within 15 minutes maximum) and there are no restrictions on this amount.You can setup UPI and start using it immediately.

Thank you for the clarification. I still have one question:

If I maintain an AMB of ₹10,000 in my Savings Account/Federal Pots and become a PRO user, will eligible international debit-card payments have 0% forex charges? If yes, is the forex fee automatically reversed, and what are the exact limits and conditions?

If you are a PRO user, you will get the forex charges reversed. This is an automatic process and the limit is INR 25,000. Meaning, if you make INR 30,000 transaction using the Debit Card, the Forex Fee is refunded for INR 25,000.

Refund gets credited automatically in the following week’s Tuesday / Wednesday.