Payments On Jupiter App

I was wondering if there is an option where you can transfer money using a phone number. Currently, there is only one option where you need to scan and pay or use a UPI address. Sometimes when I go to a shop and their QR code doesn’t work they share their phone number. Maybe Just like GPay, Jupiter-Jupiter / Jupiter-Other UPI transactions using phone numbers should be easy.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered how Google pay does this. But if they can pull UPI ids with phone numbers, we can too.

We must.

2 Likes

imobile i.e. ICICI mobile app does that too. it lists the upi ids as well for that no.

1 Like

They do it only for Gpay population not for users who are not on Gpay

2 Likes

Power of network… icici has been storing UPI IDs since day 1

2 Likes

I guess by storing you mean they’re storing the UPIs being used on iMobile app or being used on their infra ? I think that’s not correct. My salary account is in ICICI but for my all expenses I use a separate account. I never use ICICI for any payments whatsoever, all goes through expense account. iMobile even shows those UPIs which are never used. There must be something else behind this.

edit: of course I suppose ICICI has access to all the phonepe UPIs as they’re one of the providers behind it.

2 Likes

Ahhh! That would make sense!

Google pay does have a massive advantage when it comes to that. Hopefully we’ll get there too. Soon enough.

2 Likes

Thankyou , hopefully soon . :innocent: innocent: :crossed_fingers:

Folks, check this out. It’s a new UPI feature I guess Pay by Phone Number or a Custom UPI Number

1 Like