Jupiter for iOS - Initial Impressions

Character limit can be done. For me, the other banks trims the remaining characters after the set limit in statement. But still I can easily identify with visible words where the money gone.

2 Likes

@alanabraham Oh okay. Itā€™s good as long as you can identify your own custom footnote at the initial part of the sentence. Hmm.

1 Like

IMO Balance should be hidden by default. Although, there could be an option like Fi to hide/show.

I like privacy, why would I want any one around to see how much I have in my account?
But honestly, in this data-driven world, you donā€™t know when and what kind of data can be used against you. This totally depends on the banking platform to decide about it, and I love it that I donā€™t have to go an extra mile to look for setting to hide my balance on screen. One tap show is great to view your balance, but imagine looking for settings just to hide your balance.

Regarding Debit Cards and UPI Pin, I agree that you canā€™t really hide that but there are several mechanisms to protect frauds around that(PIN/OTP etc.) and we donā€™t generally go around flashing cards everywhere. But yeah that can still be used maliciously.

Anyways, I think small steps to privacy/security can go a long way.

@Shawnpinto Reminder on some sort of security around changing debit cards PIN :see_no_evil:

P.S.: I would also prefer balance hidden when doing UPI Payments :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I might not like with the hidden balance part personally but I think that Jupiter can pull off some integration which allows it to bypass the UPI PIN splash screen. Some apps like Paytm Payments bank and INDOASIS by Indian Bank are able to bypass the UPI PIN splash screen altogether with custom splash screens. And especially with Paytm Payments Bank, you can authenticate via TouchID for making a UPI payment to a contact. (Just made a generous donation of ā‚¹2 to a friend to test the feature)

Even though authentication would be required but that legacy splash screen can be avoided as Jupiter has more control over its backend with Federal.

PS - Happy Diwali everyone! :diya_lamp:

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ upi payments via touch ID is cool. ICICIā€™s iMobile implemented this nicely.

The 10% cashback up to Rs. 1000 for first list customers is a combination of debit card and UPI transfers with each capped at Rs. 500 per month. However cashback on UPI payments is available only for verified customers and there is no verification option for iOS users who recently signed up. This means the effective cashback per month is only Rs. 500. After having waited for so long to enjoy the app on iOS, we are also now deprived of cashback offers that our android counterparts are enjoying.