Jupiter Debit Card Charges

My friend, where you see arrogance, i urge you to see their efforts to engage with the community, to attempt giving a rational perspective. I know i am going to get bashed for my next statements -

1. The Jupiter team was forced to put their foot down as many only choose to demand and not listen.
  2. We are a community here and not decision makers. If we want to influence a decision, rationality helps.
  3. Everytime one of us threatens to walk away because we did not have our way, it gets considered as an tantrum and more importantly confirms that the person was not the right customer for them. This includes me.
2 Likes

What is the use of raising a request when needed, emergency is emergency.
Moreover, ticket raising does not solve problem immediately, it takes some time.

And again i am saying that i don’t have any problems with there debit card charges. I am already paying debit card charges for my Bank of India account and i am a Pro user of jupiter more than 5-6 month so i don’t have to pay any charges.

1 Like

While i agree, during an emergency, raising a ticket may not provide an immediate solution; it ensures that back end team gets reports and inputs to pin point the root cause of the issue and try to deploy a permanent fix.

Users are just express their dissatisfaction, noone is threatening here. It’s important to remember that everyone has the right to share their opinions and experiences in an open community. Customers are allowed to voice their concerns and express their frustration when they feel like they are not being heard or valued.

Additionally, If you go Jupiter twitter handle you’ll see that many users are unhappy with the sudden charges, not just those in the community.

4 Likes

Dear Biswajit,

Lifetime free debit cards are provided only with accounts with minimum balance requirements. Except for BSBDA, there are no free debit cards without minimum balance requirements. Even Jupiter does this because business economics cannot make sense if the user neither maintains balance nor uses the card for spending.

We are very well aware of some customers leaving Jupiter due to this decision but it’s a trade-off we have chosen to make.

2 Likes

@Jiten @Shawnpinto I don’t mind debit card charges as long as it give benefits like other banks.
Like Discount on movie tickets, Rewards for all online transactions(not restricted to specific merchants) without limit, Debit card design as per user requirement, Airport Lounge access, Insurance coverage, Higher limits, Waiver on charges if possible.

3 Likes

Do you remember this post of Jupiter on the official website?

Why did you mention lifetime free debit card or you don’t know the meaning of LT?

We can file a complaint in ombudsman as I have screenshots and proof of everything :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Hey @Naruto , we have updated our website with the right details.
The screenshot you attached is from an older version.

You mentioned earlier that it will be lifetime free.
What about this.

2 Likes

It was free, but it isn’t anymore.
However, there won’t be any charges if you meet the requirements mentioned above.

2 Likes

Is there any difference between free and lifetime free?

1 Like

1 Like

@Devansh_Bartwal Yup. That’s on the current website.
There’s nothing wrong with it as far as I know though :thinking:

We’ve introduced the charges and it’s communicated, it’s not “hidden”.

2 Likes

May be they are referring only account usage. Not debit card charges :thinking:

I think it’s fine. if you have a good credit score, only the banks will give you loans at low-interest rates. Same with Jupiter. It’s two-way. They will also reward the users who reach the minimum spend threshold. Also, Private banks also charge fees irrespective of how much money you spend.

1 Like

What I feel is that at the end there will be very few people who will have to pay or will be paying the debit card charges.
Its just the fear of being charged if the conditions are not met that is causing the insecurity.
I do agree that earlier jupiter marketed the card to be free from any charges, I created my Jupiter account for the same reason. But I also understand their current position and they have provided 12 months for the transition of charges.

It is what it is, the debit card charges were inevitable, could there be other ways, surely. They could have reduced the features , rewards and kept the debit card free. But then again the story would have been the same.

3 Likes

It has been over 15 days since I first noticed the charges, but not yet communicated for the same.

2 Likes

Same, even i haven’t received any update.

2 Likes

Communication between customers and companies is crucial, and in this case, it appears that there has been a failure to do so. Ideally, customers should be informed prior to the introduction of any fees to avoid any misunderstandings or surprises.

1 Like

How will they annual charges if my account has no balance?:thinking: