Introducing Auto-Pay (Sneak peek) 🚀

@Binoy So we’ve completed testing the feature. Auto-pay will go for NPCI certification now.
Once it’s ready, we’re aiming to roll it out sometime in July (TBD)

1 Like

Did it work on YouTube?

1 Like

Should work as it’s now working fine on Google Play Store for recurring payments :v:

I just updated my card details on YouTube; it said that the card supports automatic payments and it will try to charge my next payment on it. SO I think not worked, but won’t know for till next month when the payment is due.

It worked ! Jupiter sent me a message confirming the subscription and the billing cycle starts next month.

@Shawnpinto Instead of some fancy pantsy app update copy, why not mention such useful stuff in there?

I never knew auto-pay started supporting popular websites until I stumbled on this thread. Now, imagine many users who are not in this community? :eyes:

Same goes with other important feature introductions. App update text is the best place to introduce users to new features.

1 Like

@Binoy We’re still working on a few things for Auto-Pay. Some of the merchants just went live recently. Been a day or 2 I believe.
Once these changes are made, we are planning to share updates with our users.

1 Like

OK. Make sure the Play Store and App store text reflect the major new feature introductions. OneCard and Fi are so good at it. Let’s not waste that precious screen space.

2 Likes

1 Like

@Shawnpinto can u guys mention on jupiter app that which merchant does support jupiter autopay currently?

2 Likes

I tried twice on YouTube for Premium subscription, both times after processing the transaction YouTube showed internal server error and purchase cancelled - while money got deducted from the account and Jupiter detected auto-pay subscription correctly and gave the rewards accordingly.
Now, I’m not sure why this happened - is the fault on YouTube’s part or Jupiter.
Also, I’d need help @Shawnpinto @Bridget_Sabu, on how to get these two transactions reversed.

Hey @Krishnendu_Chowdhury

I understand your concern. Please be assured that your money is safe. Let me connect with you via DM to check the issue and assist you accordingly :slight_smile:

Interesting. Worked for me in one go.

looks like failure is on the part of YouTube and not Jupiter

Is this how it works on Netflix and YouTube? Just changed the payment methods on both and it accepted. Got the text from Jupiter too that from next payment it will deduct the required amount.
But when you go to auto pay section it shows two active subscriptions with amount of ₹2. This was just the debit card activation but I think Jupiter is thinking that there is subscriptions from YouTube and Netflix of value ₹2. It also credited 1J each for these transactions…50% discount ?
I think this shouldn’t be counted towards 50% discount but when actual subscriptions charge is deducted that should go through 50% discount.
Screenshot attached.

Thoughts ?

2 Likes

YouTube charged you ₹ 2 for card registration & verification but charged me ₹ 20.
How strange :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Yeah man even for Spotify that is the same case

I hope Jupiter team notices it and takes care of it.
They shouldn’t count these debit card registrations towards subscriptions and 5 50% discount they are running.

2 Likes

That’s unheard of. Are you sure it’s not some other fee? :eyes:

Yeah, this is what’s happening rn. Even when this INR 2 gets credited back, the 1J stays.

Jupiter needs to up their game here.

1 Like