Hi! I am Kedar Nimkar, VP design at Jupiter đź‘‹

Until a few years ago, Design was perceived as a cherry on the cake; now it’s the main flour of the cake.
To design a better experience, I would like to paraphrase Eliel Saarinen’s (Architect) line - “Always design by considering user’s larger context - App in the phone, phone in your hand, you on the road, road of an urban city and so on…” It is very critical to understand the user, anticipate his or her next move and bring delight.

I have been designing interfaces for the past 15 years. Now trying to build a better banking experience for you. Finally, you gotta serve somebody!

Would love to know your aspirations and frustrations!
Tell me the last app whose design blew you away and why?

13 Likes

Google calculator(before 2021, August), nothing like it. History at top, touch feedback, fluid animations, simple but still complex, makes me find reasons to ditch my Casio scientific calculator.

Phonepe…. before all these ads and fin products push.

Its UI is very simple and user oriented. Reminders, bill notifications, chat box, payment confirmation page, etc. are so well designed.
Color choice and fonts are nice as well.

I’m ready to pay for it in subscription model if they remove all ads and unnecessary fin products push and improve customer care service.

I like…

1. Cred - Simple yet sophisticated UI & Great UX
  2. Paytm - Yes some clutter is there in the home page. But the inidividual pages are well thought out Eg. Balances & History
  3. Ofcourse Jupiter - I like the minimal interface, Space theme & SpaceFire colour