Has any one closed any savings account

Not possible… One account per addhar card

1 Like

check canara banks fees and charges page

3 Likes

14 days no charge, after 1 year they charged… Maybe it’s recently updated

i haven’t closed any bank yet but planning to close NSDL Payment Bank in near future

1 Like

Same… They charged me sms or monthly charges idk what is that… And hold my money every time… Even they don’t give me a option of update mobile number

Thanks to @Pratyay_Mustafi for starting this discussion. :thumbs_up:

I believe someone here could assist me with closing my HDFC bank account. I opened this account online in 2021, after being attracted to their debit card EMI feature and other promotions :grin:. Unfortunately, I haven’t maintained the minimum balance required for the past 7-8 months and I am now looking to close it.

So my doubt is that, will it automatically close after certain period of inactivity ( no transactions) or do I need to close it by visiting their branch? If I do so, will there be any charges or do I need to pay the outstanding charges for not maintaining monthly balance? :man_shrugging:

Any help and support would be much appreciated

1 Like

i don’t think you have to pay any charges ask them repeatedly and you have to visit branch for closing account

1 Like

Abdul, they will not close the account for inactivity. Instead, you will keep attracting min. balance fees. Don’t waste your time calling customer support on this one. You will feel you are speaking to someone who is high on weed. You will need to visit the branch with at least an hour in hand. 15 mins for being directed to the right person, 30 mins for retention pitch and 15 mins for request submission. Insist on a confirmation on the submission of the account closure request and they will take any where between 7-14 working days to close the account.

@yagnesh01 hey is there any sms on confirmation of account deactivation

@yagnesh01 bro, do I need to pay all pending minimum balance charges then? Then only they will close my account? please respond if you know regarding it

Pratyay, I did not receive an sms confirmation. The account that I closed no further reflects in my netbanking.

Abdul, knowing HDFC; they will sight a clause in the account opening form and insist you clear those charges with the late payment. Unless, you have another large relationship with them that you can leverage or or huge goof up in the past that might give you a slight leverage.

In my case, I closed one of my accounts to stick it to them as they approved by Tata Neu Card and then blocked it an hour prior to the physical card getting delivered. The best part, they agreed they dropped the ball, but expressed their inability to fix it.

Thanks a lot for your help and clarification brother :thumbs_up:.
I will close it asap without much delay. My impression was that it would be automatically closed after a certain period of inactivity. Thanking once again @Pratyay_Mustafi for this thread.

1 Like

You can check this out.
Imposing negative balances is against the law.
You can quote this to bank and if they don’t listen you can raise this with RBI ombudsman and get it done quick. @razack

3 Likes

HDFC is the SBI of private banking.

1 Like

i guess their employees don’t send users to counter 3 counter 5 for unnecessary reasons

1 Like

In my case, they couldn’t decide where to send me. So they simply made me wait.

1 Like

Just mail to HDFC or create service request. In my case, I opened a bsbda account in axis bank they didn’t give me any passbook to me and visited branch for multiple times but also no response. At last I sent a mail to axis, they created a service request. With in 2 days bank person called me and hand overed the passbook.

1 Like

I guess all private banks follow the same process. Correct me if I am wrong.

Honestly, unsure. Haven’t really insisted on a passbook with any of banking relationships.