Has any one closed any savings account

i closed a savings account 3 days ago in uco bank. they took my passbook. but i am seeing my account is still visible after 3 days it’s discoverable in upi registration process so my question is how many days does it take to close a bank account ?? any one have similar experience in uco or any different bank.

2 Likes

I haven’t closed any account. But, I need to close one. They collected any amount for account closure?

1 Like

no they just asked for passbook, application to close account and xerox copy of pan card. make sure to make your account zero balance by transferring to other bank .

2 Likes

Though it’s a private bank, not asking amount for account closure. But, Canara Bank customer service said that closing fee is arround rs100 also have to submit pass book along with debit card. If unable to surrender any again additional charges.

1 Like

i hotlisted their debit card a month ago and uco bank is a psu bank it’s not private one. why they are asking money to close account is it under 1 year of opening if not file a complaint at rbi ombudsman and complain that canara is asking unnecessary charges. * just noticed canara charges 100 rs for closing bank account -_- private banks these days don’t even charge anything for closing account . it’s like making unwilling customers hostage .

2 Likes

Do they levied charges for blocking debit card?

2 Likes

no no blocking debit card is free unless you are issuing another card.

2 Likes

In Canara it’s not free​:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:.

1 Like

canara psu bank ?? they are looters private banks like axis who have a general perception of high charges don’t even charge for these basic services -_- close your account they are just looters

1 Like

convert your account into a bsbda one then ask canara to close it after some day they have to as bsbda is directly controlled by rbi they can’t take any extra charges from you

3 Likes

Thats actually smart

2 Likes

I have one bsbda account in axis. No problem?

1 Like

The worst thing is their debit card. They had given me a rupay basic debit card which even doesn’t support at least tap and pay/contact less payments but charges for that plastic piece are rs236.

1 Like

I will tell you my experience. They also provided me the rupay card which I blocked via netbanking no charges even when the charge was mentioned on the website. Then I applied for Canara Bank visa debit card again no charges for ordering the new one also. By the way I liked their visa debit card as they work fine for any subscription and at that time I had no other card for subscriptions/recurring payments.

2 Likes

so you have to pay canara 100 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can’t we keep 2 bsbda accounts?

1 Like

only one bsbda account per user

1 Like

Maximum 7 working days for closing from the server, this time needed for checking pending incoming and outgoing clearance… Also pending refund… Then it’s closed from the server… In some bank you may still see the banking details like dc ecom payment or upi … U can aslo received otp or sms … But u can’t access it… Because it’s closed :rofl:

No , Any private or government banks will not charge any closing fee account opening within 14 days and after 1 year

No

1 Like