Does Jupiter debit card not work for the '10% Federal Bank' offer on Flipkart?

So I just wanted to clarify why the ongoing Federal Bank debit card offer of 10% on Flipkart does not work with the Jupiter debit card. Isn’t this Jupiter card issued by Federal Bank? And I’ve completed the full KYC as well. Would the offer only work on original Federal Bank accounts and debit cards?

And secondly, can we expect to see merchant offers like these on Jupiter?

3 Likes

No, Jupiter card won’t for the Amazon or Flipkart 10% Discount Offer.

Because Federal is the only partner of Jupiter and Card is issued with Federal because Of RBI Guidelines.

2 Likes

Bcoz you get 1% rewards consistently in Jupiter which you don’t get otherwise. One got to decide what to optimise for

3 Likes

Which offer btw? I don’t see federal bank offer in flipkart

1 Like

How come fi money card works for federal bank offer? Is it because it does not provide 1% cashback?
If that’s the case I would suggest to implement a system to disable 1% cashback during federal bank offer period …this way users can enjoy federal bank offers…SBI has implemented a similar policy recently

2 Likes

We would implement this flexibility soon for users keeping higher balances in the account for consistent period of time

5 Likes

That’s interesting. Will have to try Fi as well if that’s the case.

1 Like

Well, I agree both have benefits, but to get Rs. 1000 cashback, I’d have to spend 1 lakh, which is over a long course of time.
During the festive season, buying something worth Rs. 10,000 and getting that same Rs. 1000 cashback/discount is much more appealing to users (at least me).

Sure, perpetual 1% cashback can net you a greater discount in the long run for consumers who use their Jupiter cards frequently, but it makes sense to me to perhaps offer consumers a choice.

1 Like

1% cashback seems quite less for people who have credit cards…for example I have amazon pay icici card and hdfc millenia card which offers 5% cashback and axis bank card which offers 2% cashback so as compared to that 1% cashback is less
I would prefer 10% cashback during festive season
But again like I said earlier Jupiter should have a system which will disable 1% reward if the site already has federal bank offers

1 Like

Nothing beats Amazon Pay icici card, no restrictions on the cashback. You will at least get 1% for every transaction and to top it off, it is LTF :smiley:
I have all of them along with axis flipkart credit card which is again LTF now a days :smiley:

1 Like

Or maybe hold multiple bank accounts. It’s too much to expect a single bank to optimally cater to every use.

3 Likes

Although Amazon Pay is excellent credit card, I prefer to use Hdfc Infinia as well as Axis Vistara Infinite Credit card due to their excellent rewards. On Infinia, rewards catalogue is great - one can redeem MacBooks, iPhones and many other products.

Axis Vistara Infinite card gives up to 5 free business class tickets. Generally, a one way business class ticket is around Rs. 30,000; 5 makes it Rs. 1,50,000.

Other features like lounge, gold etc… are extra and they are giving all of these features for annual fees of just Rs. 10,000

@Shawnpinto @Jiten How are they able to offer it and why can’t Jupiter? They also must have worked out the mathematics.

1 Like

All these are super premium credit cards and the reward catalogue of HDFC gives a very low value. If you redeem it for travel, hotels, you get Rs1 per point (there is restriction of 70% as well) while on rewards catalogue, it is something around 50p. I have diners black but don’t use it often because I don’t travel much.
Also such super premium credit cards often comes with huge annual fees, very few are able to get them LTF but not everyone can get them and credit cards encourage people to spend and the bank earns mainly from the huge interest rate they charge. I forgot to pay Rs 1000 on my total card bill and I had to pay 1300 as interest charges.
Savings account as the name says is for savings and they encourage you to save, that is why banks come up with competitive interest rates on savings account, FDs etc. Equitas gives 6% for balances above 1 lakh, 7% above 5 lakhs, 6% interest on FDs etc.

1 Like

For Infinia, apple products are available for redemption at 1:1 only. Yes there is 70% points limit though, the rest has to be paid by card.

Annual fees is not a problem on these cards because the value out of these cards is worth much more than 10k and even this is waived off on crossing a defined spend limit.

1 Like

infinite is the Highest variant of Visa card
its has very high eligibility criteria
you can’t expect same features in entry level cards

1 Like

The point here is Jupiter should start offering cards with some features. They can create tiers - entry level, premium and super premium just like others are doing and offer something competitive. 1% with a cap of 500 is far from it.

1 Like

That’s true. Federal offers wouldn’t work on Jupiter debit cards. As Jupiter offers work differently. Federal debit card doesn’t have rewards type offerings while Jupiter has same

3 Likes

@Jiten

Federal bank debit card does have reward points for the transactions.

2 Likes