Custom UPI ID Handle required

Hi,

As of now, the upi id is auto generated in the format of [mobile number]@jupiteraxis which is not a good idea to share mobile no. for each upi txn as part of txn info.

Please provide an option to customize it it on user’s choice.

Thanks,
Palanivelu

11 Likes

Yah man you said the right thing :+1:

4 Likes

It has already been discussed in some previous thread. This feature is being considered afaik

5 Likes

This should be implemented for both Jupiter and Bullet UPI IDs.

4 Likes
  • I Agree…

We need cool UPI handles period :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi!
Having customizable UPI ID is a great feature to have, and let’s not dwell into the technical reasons behind the existing system.
However, this has been taken into consideration and we will come back with a detailed update on how it can be done.

5 Likes

Great to hear that, and appreciate you updating us on all updates…:+1:

2 Likes

Hi,

So is there any further updates on this feature request?
Not asking for any release dates, just wanted to know if there is any new worthwhile or positive information the Jupiter team can share ? :slight_smile:

The Jupiter app is perfect and has got everything I would use, except for the fact that it generates UPI ID with your mobile number in it. And I certainly don’t want to share my mobile number with random merchants and people. For the time being am using a third-party app just for UPI service.

I thought ‘Privacy’ had a greater importance at Jupiter and Amica Financial, but may be am wrong. Or may be this request has been overtaken by other projects and feature requests, who knows.

1 Like

This is not prioritised so far as it is slightly big change for us. currently, we are focusing on making platform more stable and reliable to avoid any failure issues

6 Likes

Fair enough.

Fingers crossed, the team will be able to dedicate time and resources on this feature in the near future. Until then, will continue to use a different app for UPI and will wait for the day when Jupiter app will be my go-to app for all financial related activities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s annoying that this hasn’t been fixed yet. Apps do allow you to set up custom UPI IDs, for example- Airtel thanks app.

You get to select your bank- in this case federal. Ensure you got the right sim on the phone, and voila you get to create a UPI id of your own accord. Oh, and you get to create multiple UPI ids too, but you only get to stick to one as the primary.

It’s easy and doable, though unsure about the technicalities. We need custom UPI ids from Jupiter for privacy’s sake

1 Like

Though late, I’m sure it’s in the pipeline. With Axis as their PSP bank partner for the UPI, this custom and editable UPI IDs require their blessing too.

https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/upi/3rd-party-apps

You can’t understand how important this feature is for day-to-day transactions using UPI. I don’t want some shops or anyone (for whatever I do transaction) get my personal phone number which I use only for banking and official documents. While some people are careless about sharing their phone number just because they use one number for everything, There are people who use private phone numbers and don’t want to share it with everyone or every shops.

Only some people discussed about this topic doesn’t mean they are the only one who want this feature on Jupiter. After releasing it, just see how many people gonna use it. What’s the point of UPI ID, If there is no privacy? (Ik it’s not possible to use UPI service without an UPI Id). Phone number is already a UPI number.

This is very annoying to see even after years of discussion this basic feature isn’t implemented on Jupiter app and we need to use a different UPI app only for masking the phone number. What’s the point of improving stability and performance for years without providing even basic features?

1 Like