Contactless limit pay drop to Rs.5000

Right now the minimum amount limit for contactless domestic or international transaction is Rs. 15000, which is higher as per me. As a safety the minimum limit should be reduced to Rs. 2000 to Rs.5000.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’d like this limit too. We should be able to set it between 2K to 5K for contactless.

1 Like

Anything more than 5K asks for your PIN. So, it’s OK na? :thinking:

Yup, that’s an additional layer of safety :eyes:

1 Like

It’s alright. Will work, but 5K still feels a tad high to me (budgetary constraints). I rarely track my debit card spends because I’m an idiot and wouldn’t want to be reminded of my bleeding wallet. :smile:

If I head to reliance mall (for example), I’m likely to make a purchase of 3K.

If I head to PVR, my expenses at the hall would be close to 2K.

I’d think being able to set a limit between 2K to 5K would be feasible. Maybe 3K?

2 Likes

Not sure about that. I am still waiting for my debit card. While setting up my app initially I thought of this.

Ha! This is a tad different use case that I never thought about. It makes sense now :+1:

Yes, any amount greater than 5k require pin but you can make 5 NFC payment in a day.
So, a total payment of ₹25K can be made without pin in a day.

Personally, I wouldn’t want this to be the limitation.

UPI has something similar wherein you are forced to use other apps for UPI should you do a lot of transactions in a day. :confused:

But I totally agree with the ₹₹₹ limitation before it asks for a PIN tho.