Closing my Fi account

I have felt clevertap is too aggressive :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah. But if has those trackers and is asking for my location. I also know itโ€™s probably a foolโ€™s errand to try for privacy in this day and age, but I want to feel like I can.

2 Likes

Everybody has trackers these days. :joy:. Thats why i use adguard

1 Like

I use Pi hole on raspberry pi as a DNS server for the same

5 Likes

isnโ€™t there any delay with custom DNS query?

Not that I have noticed

Itโ€™s not that annoying if you consider using the location permission only when you use the app, you do so in Android just when you are using it soโ€ฆ idk about iOS

1 Like

I get your point. But for me I think itโ€™s more the fact that they thought it was ok to be this creepy.

Visit your nearest Federal Bank branch and close the account by filling up the form. Wish digital banks also provided the option to close the account online as well. That would have been a boon!

1 Like

did you visit the bank ? they simply refuse to do anything!!

1 Like

Did you have to visit the branch to cancel the account @nishesh ?

No, I didnโ€™t

Thatโ€™s a relief. Itโ€™d be lame if we had to visit a bank we didnโ€™t have much to do with in person just to close an account.

If Jupiter can onboard with ease, it should be similar n simpler to leave too. I wonder how it works here.

Exactlyโ€ฆxo

Jupiter account is closed easily but not the Fi one๐Ÿ˜‚ in the last time I need to approach RBi

1 Like

Yeah its closed now!.

even google pay asks for location permissions its not a thing to be worried about

Now the number of trackers is 8. @Shawnpinto , Itโ€™s the reason for the app being slow and opening late, isnโ€™t it? Is it not that Jupiter app first tries to collect userโ€™s personal data then does its work? Well, I need not worry, I never install more than 2-4 essential apps on my phone, not even WhatsApp and Jupiter. Whenever I need an app, I download it and then uninstall it immediately after use. Due to this disease of mine, sometimes I have to download an app 5-6 times a day.

1 Like

Do you still do so?

This concerns me too! Google can be trusted but Jupiter not so much. After the Sam Bankman Friedโ€™s Crypto scam any thing that works online and involves money, I get skeptic lost a considerable amount in FTX. And then there is an app called better help which also sells their data with no consent from their users. I delete apps too after using them especially Ola and Facebookโ€ฆ
I know I am paranoid but itโ€™s scary knowing that someone can know everything about you without even seeing your face physically.