Closing my Fi account

Since a few days ago, fi won’t let me use the app for upi etc until I give the app location permission. They say it’s to prevent fraud, but I don’t know it rubs me the wrong way. So, I closed my fi account. Hope other banks don’t follow suit and make this a thing :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

eventually they can…

4 Likes

If I may ask, what were the steps involved in closing FI?

I got one too, and m considering it.

3 Likes

For your information…if you use android then your location is constantly shared with google services even if you manually turned off the location.

4 Likes

It wasn’t that bad honestly. Started talking to customer care and they helped me through the steps. Need proof of identity etc, apart from that takes 10 minutes

4 Likes

Thanks ! I do know and one of the reasons I use iOS, even though I really really want to use the flip 3 ( seems so cool)

3 Likes

How seamless was the experience of cancellation tho? What sort of ids did they ask for it?

And did they ask for a fed bank visit?

2 Likes

The same id you signed up with. I didn’t have to go to a branch luckily.

1 Like

Cool. Thank you.

2 Likes

It was not that seamless though. Took a lot of back and forth with the colostomies care team.

1 Like

@nishesh Fi forcing location can be scary :disappointed_relieved:
Was it specifically for iOS?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know about Android. But on iOS they wouldn’t even let me login to the app without location permission.

2 Likes

This is the case with Google Pay too, right? It’s to manage fraud they say, but with no data privacy law in place it’s all a Grey area.

1 Like

Yeah. Google pay is the same, had to delete that too.

2 Likes

Jupiter does the same thing isn’t it ?

2 Likes

Just checked. This is the flow now on Android too. With location disabled on Fi, UPI transactions don’t work.

2 Likes

No. On Jupiter, UPI transactions are working with location disabled for the time being!

2 Likes

yes it works for some time then it ask for location permissions for me…

2 Likes

Google pay also ask for the location :smirk: its means its fruad :shushing_face::shushing_face:

3 Likes

FYI jupiter also has trackers.

5 Likes