Can Jupiter be used as your primary bank account?

@underthatdamnluck

@ManishSaini has provided a suggestion that you can consider. Several banks are currently offering their customers the option to open an account from the comfort of their own home, using video KYC mode. While HDFC and Axis Bank are among the banks providing this service, note that it is not a zero balance account. You will be required to maintain a balance of at least 5000, depending on your region.

I’m not sure if the Fedbook Selfie Account, which was introduced by Federal Bank as a zero balance account that could be opened online, is still in operation. If yes, you can consider that too.

1 Like

As @yagnesh01 sir has mentioned that for normal uses it will be alright.
So do not worry about things that could go wrong.
At the end of the day its your call.
Have fun with your newly acquired financial freedom.

3 Likes

I am using an insta plus savings account in SBI and I never had any annual charges for my DC… I think my card is only for atm withdrawals and not for ecommerce transactions… (heard somewhere that such varient of DC is available in SBI)… My Account is completely free of cost…

But never had to use physical card because of the cardless withdrawal in YONO app… :upside_down_face:.

I wish customer care of SBI was like Jupiter’s :joy:

I never had any issues with jupiter… Love the features that it offers :zap::zap: But my policy is always "never put all the eggs in single basket " :sweat_smile::penguin:

3 Likes

This is the first time I’m hearing about it, despite being a customer of SBI since 2016. :grin: :grin:

:zap: Insta savings account: make account in yono and docs verification at branch

:zap: Insta plus savings account: make account in YONO and doc verification via VKYC

I hope this is the names of those accounts. It’s confusing to me also. It’s not properly explained in their website. :neutral_face:

Aswin, this comes as a surprise that good old SBI has made strides in this space. Guess, this is where Jupiter is different as it has community of users which it values and seeks feedback from.

Actually the card is only free for the first year. It has charges from the second year onwards.

2 Likes

:hushed:. Weird it’s been 2+ years… I guess i should wait for the card charges :smiling_face_with_tear:. (System might be taking a lunch break)

1 Like

as you haven’t used dc that’s why they haven’t charged you. mine is not instaplus savings account i was facing some issues with yono complained on twitter they told me to visit branch. mine is offline account.

That explains it… I heard from another finance community about atm only dc without charges. Not sure if it is legit. :thinking:

1 Like

all savings accounts are same for sbi

1 Like

I was asking about debit card varient

1 Like

that’s for bsbda accounts only

1 Like

Is the card active? Are you able to withdraw cash using it?

2 Likes

Yes. I am depositing cash using it.

SBI offers classic debit card with Insta Plus Savings Account, you can check the charges for the same

That’s amazing. I didn’t find it anywhere that we can get a debit card like this for insta saving account. So, I opened insta plus saving account. :confused: using it without a debit card.

1 Like

upi activation is only possible through dc

2 Likes

That’s why I am still using net banking for transactions. Waiting to create UPI pin using adhar OTP.

it’s not enabled on sbi