Making Jupiter as my main bank account

Hello everyone, I have been using Jupiter from the beginning & I have always used it as my secondary bank account for purchases & expenses but I am thinking to use Jupiter as my main bank account since it provides complete online service & I do not have to go to the branch for some tiny issues & all.

currently, I am using Canara Bank & DBS as my main bank accounts & the service is decent in Canara Bank but again I have to visit a branch for every issue from minor to major & even if I wanna open an FD I can’t do it like I can do it in Jupiter & DBS.

My plan is to use DBS & Jupiter from now on & I am planning to close my Canara Bank account soon, so please tell me your views on this so I can take a better decision.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SayanBhowmick23 Nice to meet you. I would second your decision to use Jupiter as your primary account. I have been using it as my primary account since Nov 2022 and the experience has been seamless. With the introduction of online banking, the little I had to rely on HDFC or Bank Of Baroda is also no more a concern.

1 Like

If I choose to use Jupiter & DBS for the rest of the time that will be a good move, is that what you are trying to say?
and how is your overall experience using Jupiter cause I am very satisfied with it so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

My opinion would be to use jupiter for some time (before closing other accounts, see if jupiter can fullfill all your use cases), get a feel out of it and do transition then.

My experience with jupiter is really good so far, I have been using multiple banks and none had matched the customer care experience I have with jupiter. My main point for choosing jupiter is the customer care,the pots feature and the complete online experience.

I have only visited the federal bank branch 2 times (one for getting passbook and other for depositing some amount), while for other accounts I had visited multiple times even for silly reasons. “Go to your home branch” was something I used to hear regularly from traditional banks :melting_face:

If your focus is complete online experience. I would prefer jupiter :zap: :zap:

You might have issues with deposting liquid money you have to jupiter (You may not have that requirement). I solved it by depositing it in SBI (lots of branches near my area) and then doing a transfer to jupiter. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope it helps

4 Likes

Well I see your point & TBH I hate visiting branches for silly reasons as well & I have one more question since I only have done debit card transactions (The tap to pay is the thing I use all the time with the debit card mostly) so far since I have opened my account
how good is the UPI & QR scan feature of Jupiter (within app QR scan & pay feature)?

2 Likes

Yes, you can use that combination and even if you want to migrate to single bank approach, that can be done.

2 Likes

In app UPI experience as well as scan and pay experience have been major upgrades and today are at par with any other third party app

3 Likes

Frankly speaking, UPI scan and pay was not really good to me previously until the last update. (Not sure if the update was public or for testers only)…

Now it is really good, qr code detection is really pro now. Some cases I have found it to be better than paytm and gpay in terms of speed of detection. You can also access qr code scanner of jupiter quickly if you long press jupiter’s app icon for some time (depends on launcher of your device).

You can also you jupiter in gpay, paytm or other upi apps by selecting federal bank.(you might already know this one)

3 Likes

well I do use gpay & Jupiter combo sometimes but again its good to have in-app qr scanner :slight_smile:
thanks for the info :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey! @SayanBhowmick23 One question, do you own an Android device?
If yes, you’ve got to try this with Jupiter’s QR code scanner - Using quick app shortcuts the real way ⚡

2 Likes

yes I use android

2 Likes

canara charges 100+gst to close account congratulations for your decision I mainly use jupiter for day today transactions upi infrastructure is really good in federal bank also tracking transactions help me develop a good financial discipline.

4 Likes

Canara Bank charge almost for every service, for example, any kinda SMS alert, debit card AMC & even for registered mobile number or email updation
As a consumer, I felt these are absurd charges after using Jupiter since in Jupiter we can bypass the AMC charges of debit card if the NRV is 10k & many more advantages here that is why I created this thread so I can get a clear idea what to do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that’s exactly what I am doing with my funds haha
1 week ago I had to visit the branch to update my mobile number & after updation, they charged me flat 59 Rs which is absurd IMO

That’s absolutely a new information for me :grin:

In 2020, I opened a regular savings account with Canara Bank specifically for fellowship purposes. I have only visited the branch on two occasions. The first visit was, of course, on the day I opened the account, and the second visit was to inquire about a delay in receiving my ATM card.

I can see them improving on various aspects, and I rate their application Ai1 (earlier called CANDI) above SBI YONO.

2 Likes

good lord! this is completely absurd from the bank! they should have mentioned it somewhere at least!

Jupiter is currently my secondary bank account because of phone number change option for investment account user is not available yet

would you please elaborate? I mean the phone number thing you mentioned

Currently, mobile number update is not available to users who have opened an investments account with Jupiter.

Mutual Fund invetsments