App speed & performance

What app do you think Jupiter should be like? Currently Jupiter takes a long time to load and takes a long time to open. After opening the app, it lags a lot, it seems that the mobile is hanged.
I have found two apps (Slay Pay and MahaMobile Plus) which load very quickly and open quickly. I think Jupiter should have the same loading as these apps.
Here are screen recordings.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAx_b6IU3a96SRobjNpF-fHw2nOKQXCh/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGgKyGmMVU9aMfilPitd5Hl2Fc3XUPdx/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

Hi Manish, agree that there are opportunities where the app can load faster. Having said that, I believe the app load times have shown an improvement. My usual experience when the app loads slow is when i am in a low network area or if there are Issues with Federal Bank.

5 Likes

@ManishSaini Are you facing this on a regular basis?
Have you tested this with other networks? (WiFi/Mobile data)

3 Likes

I have been facing this since forever. My internet is very fast and all apps open very quickly except Jupiter.

3 Likes

Hmm… is it possible for you to share a video of the app loading experience on mobile data and WiFi? It will help Shawn to provide more details to the backend team

1 Like

Can you share yours please. I’ll check it out and find out if it’s the difference in loading on my device and yours. Also check the loading in apps which I have shared above.

1 Like

I have tried out a speedtest of sorts with jupiter app and it opens within 5 seconds including biometrics.

2 Likes

My device does not have biometric but it takes 25-30 seconds after entering mpin

It shouldn’t take that much time.
From opening the app to biometrics to home page, it should be 5 seconds or less.

@ManishSaini it’s best if you could share a recording of your login flow since it works fine for most of us here.

5 Likes

Sure. I will share the video tomorrow. Today i am out attending meetings.

1 Like

What device do you guys use? I have tried it on Xiaomi MIUI devices (Redmi 9A and Poco C3) and it takes the same amount of time (25-30 seconds or more). I have seen it running in some Vivo devices as well, it opens equally slowly.
@Shawnpinto I don’t think sharing screen recording by me will help because people have already shared feedback for this long time back, I think same thing will happen in my case as happened with other people who have shared their feedback in past i.e. it will be noted only as feedback and I will only be assured to rectify it. If your team really considered this as an issue, it would have been resolved long ago. I am not interested in getting it fixed as never use Jupiter app as its slow speed and clumsy interface while using it is very annoying.
If you and your team are really interested in improving it, you should test it on some xiaomi redmi and oppo-vivo devices (app opening speed, quick transitions on different interfaces in the app, etc.) And yes, by going to your chat section, chatting with your team and sharing photos.

And a lot of similar feedback you will find on twitter. I would like to remind you that they don’t write like this to have fun, they expect improvement from Jupiter team that’s why they write like this but Jupiter team ignores it considering it as a joke or people as fools.

@Shawnpinto If I have used any wrong word then forgive me and remove that word from my post.

2 Likes

Manish, i use a Poco X2, running on MIUI 12.5.7. the performance has been fairly good.

Mr it’s not working fine for everyone. It is possible that before starting using Jupiter, you have been using slower apps than Jupiter, due to which it seems faster to you.

1 Like

Fair enough. I am sure you are facing your set of issues. And I respect that. I am hoping this thread helps you to get your Issue resolved.

I agree with you. In my experience, the Jupiter app seems to be running a bit slower compared to other banking & payment applications. In my case, It’s take around 7-8 second to load the app.

3 Likes

Okay. I am sure, there might be opportunities to improve.

Are you all able to open the Jupiter app? It’s showing something snapped failed to initialize new session from last 15 to 20 minutes after I restarted my phone.

4 Likes

Yes, the app is work fine for me

2 Likes

Thanks for replying then it’s unique for me. I will try after reinstalling the app

3 Likes

Yes it’s working fine. Clear cache and Data and try again. It may fix the issue

1 Like