All about US stocks and usage

Hey folks! @Research_centre

The investments team would like to connect with some of you regarding US stocks and usage. This is your chance to speak with us!

Topics on:

• Do you invest in US stocks?
  • If yes, what apps do you use to invest?
  • What do you like about the app and what kind of features would you like to see on such an app?
  • What’s stopping you from investing in US stocks?

If you’re interested in joining us over a quick Google meet/Zoom call, let us know!
It’ll hardly take 30min or less.

So, are you in? :blob:

Please vote here:
  • Yes! Count me in :rocket:
  • No, A bit busy :sob:

0 voters

Once you pick yes, we’ll connect with you over DM for details. Then we agree on a meeting time and send you an invite.
More info on the research centre - Introducing the research centre 🔬

Let us know!
Thanks, and have a great day~

1 Like

I don’t invest in US stocks mainly because I have to handle Taxation which is very complex and there are not many platforms that provide investing in US stocks and there seems to be charges on buying/selling stocks and to maintain the relevant account.

5 Likes

I’ve been considering INDmoney. I did get an account set up with them, but I’m curious about how the entire thing works tho.

How does taxation work with Us stocks?

2 Likes

Gains are taxed like a debt fund. So stcg would be at slab rate and ltcg would be at 20%. I believe the period for ltcg is 2 years though.

This :+1:

I am using IND Money and Vested for more than a year now.

IND Money: it is super easy to invest in US Stocks. They also provide instant transfer of INR to USD in US Demat Account through the Super Saver savings a/c (SBM).
Taxes are handled as per Debt Funds.
You can invest in stocks, etf and index funds.

2 Likes
  • Do you invest in US stocks?
    Yes, started SIP on IND Money few months ago.

• If yes, what apps do you use to invest?
    IND Money.

• What do you like about the app and what kind of features would you like to see on such an app?
    SIP and Taxation Guidance. ETFs Smoother deposit and withdrawal.

• What’s stopping you from investing in US stocks?

High withdrawal fee, Tax Complication.

2 Likes

Thanks for the votes, everyone!
We’ll start pinging the ones who had said yes from today. If you want a head start on the team meetup, let me know :slight_smile: