Have you been investing? 🤔

Hey everyone,

We’ve noticed many of us are into the investing space and we’re picking this up so we would like to hear your thoughts on investments! :grinning:

Most importantly:

1. What do you think about it?
  2. Why do you invest?
  3. What do you invest in?
  4. Any apps/platforms you use and how do you track them?
  5. Anything else is also fine
  6. Tips and tricks if you have any

Here are some blogs for you to read. It’ll give you an idea.

Oh and, we’re doing a quick survey on Investments as well. Do fill this one - How do you stay on top of your investments?

Let us know in the comments below!

investment

6 Likes

I’m doing a bi-monthly SIP with NIFTYBEES ETF which yields you a low cost returns. If you believe in Indian economy yet you have no time or expertise in researching individual stocks? Then Index ETFs are your best friend…let the compounding do it’s job.

If you’re planning to integrate investment options within Jupiter app then I would strongly recommend you to provide us an option to invest in Index ETF (NOT Index Fund).

5 Likes

I usually invest for the long term.

I invest in mutual funds (elss and index)

I have have positions in individual stocks based on my limited understanding on which sectors will be appreciated in the future.

I have some positions also in blue chip crypto (btc, eth)

I use Zerodha for stock investing, Indmoney for MF investing and Vauld for crypto investing.

It would be great if i could connect Zerodha and other apps to my jupiter account so I can keep track of all my money investments.

6 Likes

Hi, I have been investing my limited savings in MFs through SIPs for a year now. Two are ELSS funds while the rest are long-term equity-focused funds. Apart from that initially I invested more in PPF account which I had stopped continuing. I had also started investing SIP in smallcase from last month in a moderately high-risk investment instrument with equity and gold.

Initially, I used to invest directly through MF sites but lately, I had shifted all my MF investments and SIPs to Groww. Also, the only Demat account is with Groww.

The MF tracking feature of Jupyter is great (although it is somewhat confusing when I am not able to discern between the investment advice and summary)

In future, I am looking to get Life and Health insurance as soon as I get full-time employment again.

4 Likes

So I am a crypto guy or that’s what my friends say about me xd.
I invest Trade my savings in crypto and a little in some Mutual fund just in case.
For that i use WazirX , Binance and coinDcx.
Coming to what featues I would like in the app,

1. Tagging investments asset wise or exchange wise (cutomizable as much as the user wants )
  2. NACH MANDATE for sip paymets in MFs.
  3. able to invest in mf directly from app maybe, Phonepe has such kind of featue inbuild , though i am not sure how many ppl would want that.
  4. coindcx gives their api to track crypto investments, you can try adding it maybe.
    @Bharat you may likes these suggestions :smile:
4 Likes

Mutual Fund Sahi hai :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use Zerodha for investing in stocks and mutual funds and Wazirx for crypto. Honestly Zerodha does its job really well and the only thing I’d want from Jupiter is to see current value of my investments within Jupiter’s networth feature.

I’ve tried Jupiter’s MF analyser but it never detects my entire portfolio for some reason.

5 Likes
  1. I have two philosophies on investment which I follow
  • “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” — Warren Buffett

• “Investment in yourself pays the best interest”

1. I invest to have access to capital in times of opportunities and accidents.

3, I primarily invest in risky assets as I am just 21 and can take more risks. My portfolio comprises one Small cap and one mid cap mutual fund. other than that I regularly buy shares of Yes Bank, Federal Bank and zomato and a few other companies.

• I have also invested in US stocks like Shopify, Google, Tesla, MSFT and Netflix.
  1. I use Zerodha to buy/sell stocks and Coin platforms for MF’s & I use INDmoney to track them and also invest in US stocks via it.

2. I have a book fund in which I invest Rs.2000 every month and in times of sale at Flipkart and Amazon, I buy books using this fund.

3. Tips and Tricks

• “Given a 10% chance of a 100 times payoff, you should take that bet every time.” — Jeff Bezos
4 Likes

. What: a) I invest in direct/indirect equity as well IPO’s. b) Along with that I also engage in spare change investing.

. Why: I invest for future child education as well retirement [keeping in mind the inflation after 14 years with YOY increase of current 5.5%].

. Apps: a) I use Zerodha for direct equity & IPO’s b) Coin for lumpsum & MF platforms for SIP’s c) Indmoney & mf platforms for tracking portfolio d) Jar & Spenny for digital gold as well small ticket sip for rainy days. e) Concalls through Quartr & validation as well learning through Valuepickr.

. Tips: Learn to read balance sheets as early as possible in your life.

4 Likes

I invest in ELSS for taxes, some in crypto behind all the fuss, most of my money is in the UTI Index fund.

Whenever I have some free time I invest a few K’s in stock just to learn how everything works.

All in all Mutual funds have given me decent returns better than other investments.

3 Likes

I’m keeping my SIP investments very simple.
NIFTY 100 + Gold.
Zerodha has the neat feature for SIP.

But I think in Zerodha, you have to top up balance in Zerodha Wallet/Account? Correct?

1 Like

thats correct. zerodha account needs to be topped up.

1 Like

don’t you think it’s a hassle? Due to this sole reason, I invest in SIPs through AMC websites.

Zerodha can easily solve this through eNACH.

1 Like

how does it work with AMC website ? I mean the payment part ?

1 Like

Through setting up SI at bank. Purchase SIP from AMC website → Standing Instruction (On Webpage+Mail+ SMS) → set that instruction in Bank for automated payment deduction

1 Like

That sounds like a lot of work :hot_face:

1 Like

It is just a work of 2 minutes. Believe me; I have done it many times.

2 Likes

Have you used Stack? I just downloaded the app a week ago, and love the UI.

Mutual funds is probably a different ball game, but what would you recommend a rookie?

I wanna play it safe n small.

1 Like