What's your take on Credit Cards? 💳

In very simple words

• Rewards and ability to convert or use them easily.
• benefits such as sale offers, special offers and discounts.

• I use credit card mostly wherever possible.
• But nowadays many prefer UPI, you have to ask for if card swipe is available or not then they bring the machine. ( Like one comment earlier it will be nice if we pay from scan and pay from the and it will reflect in our credit card balance )

• Rewards should be received as reward points with ability to convert it for real money as cashback or any other offer.
• 1 Reward point = 1 ₹ this should be followed, as many cards gives more reward points but with less conversion rate which confuses, feels like you got huge rewards but actually it’s not like that.

• YES, why not. If Jupiter brings a credit card I’ll eagerly be in that line for sure! ( As excitingly as I were for the Jupiter bank account )
• Basically every card have different benefits and offers there has never been an all in one card yet.

7 Likes
  • What are your favourite credit card features? Or what is your feature wishlist?
    No joining fees, no annual fees , max reward points and no charges for redmeeing rewards.
  • What type of transactions do you use credit cards for (compared to debit card and UPI? Do you use your debit card more than a credit card (or vice versa)?
    Credit card for al ltype of transactions , debit card once in while when there are offers and UPI when i do not have cash or have offers.
  • What’s your preferred way of receiving rewards and what are the favourite rewards/benefits your cards offer?
    Rewards point that can be convereted in cashback or can be used in payment transacations or amazon vochers
  • Some concerns like - You already have a Debit Card, would you want to carry another card? Or maybe…have a 2 in 1 card?! :eyes:
    Carrying a card is never issue, you can keep other cards home if get new better one although i liked the idea of 2 in 1 cards.
4 Likes

Go ahead with amazon or Flipkart tieup
Give 5% cashback like amazon pay and Flipkart axis bank cc.
Provide cashback in term of Jupiter jewel.
Provide airport access lounge.
No capping on reward/cashback…
Provide cc for age 18+ not for minimum 21+…
Provide early access for Jupiter account holders.

4 Likes

Many credit worthy guys are getting rejected for a credit card despite having good cibil and great pay in track record like me which is very irritating.

Make a credit card, AN ACTUAL CREDIT CARD NOT CREDIT LINE (WE DON’T WANT IT) and offer it to first timers who have good history in pay later apps. This will generate many users. Give upto 5% cashback then everyone will get. Please it be real credit card. We don’t want another credit line. Thank you​:+1:t2::grinning::zap:

4 Likes

Why do people think OneCard 1% forex charge is a good deal? Jupiter debit card has 0% forex charge

3 Likes

I really like OneCard feature where you can swipe on the app pop up instead of receiving and entering the OTP

4 Likes

Because some websites don’t accept debit card as a mode of payment.

6 Likes

If Jupiter comes up with credit card then it will industry first neobank that has it’s own credit card (In partnership with federal bank or any other bank)

1. It should have scan and pay option
  2. An individual app for card to access all features like block/unblock, txn history, reward points history and redemption and offer’s tab etc …
  3. Direct cashback in card (like axis ace and axis fk) or good reward rate.
  4. Spend base offers
  5. Life time free card (without any hidden t&c)
  6. A solid metal care/customised/personalized card design.
  7. Excellent customer support
  8. Slide to pay
  9. Block/unblock without entering any Mpin/otp (like onecard)
  10. Limit enhancement for every 6 month’s/on usage
  11. Offer’s on Amazon/Flipkart/Zomato/Swiggy mostly.
  12. Reward points redemption on txn or with gift cards/cash.
  • What are your favourite credit card features? Or what is your feature wishlist?
  • Swipe and pay, direct cashback credit in card, spend base offers.
    -Scan and pay, choose on which merchant I want next offer/discount.
  • What type of transactions do you use credit cards for (compared to debit card and UPI? Do you use your debit card more than a credit card (or vice versa)?
  • Mostly I like to pay via credit card to get benefit of discount, reward points and paying bill via debit card to get another reward points.
    -I mostly spend on Amazon, Flipkart, swiggy, Zomato and bills/utility.
  • What’s your preferred way of receiving rewards and what are the favourite rewards/benefits your cards offer?
    -Direct cashback in care i.e. axis fk and axis ace.
    -Idfc credit card reward points can be redeemed for online txn.

• Some concerns like - You already have a Debit Card, would you want to carry another card? Or maybe…have a 2 in 1 card?!

• if the card giving good reward/cashback/discount on most of my merchant then I’ll definitely carry another one.
8 Likes

+1

All I would have written

2 Likes

Already people have shared their take on a Jupiter credit card, I wouldn’t add too much to that probably.
My suggestion to Jupiter team @Shawnpinto @Jiten @Bankofthefuture would be to follow the principles of either co-branded cards like flipkart axis, amazon icici, zomato edition RBL or bring up something like HDFC Millenia or Standard Chartered DigiSmart.
These are very good credit cards to follow to start with if you want to bring the Gen Y & Z under your umbrella.
Adding a better forex Mark-up would also be, as already mentioned by many, a great crowd-puller.
If you want, you can additionally offer a personalized metal variant for some extra fee, for those who want to show it off around!

Personally, I’d very much like a swiggy co-branded card similar to that of what Zomato has. Even if you keep an annual fee of 600+GST and offset that with complimentary swiggy one membership - it’d still be a very good value proposition. :yum::yum::yum:
(P.S. - brand colors of Jupiter & Swiggy also match very well :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes

I hold 2 of the best credit cards in the world - HDFC Infinia and Axis Vistara Infinite. These cards provide unrivalled rewards.

• Axis Vistara Infinite gives 1 business class ticket on Vistara (on domestic routes) on payment of joining fees and then more on every 2.5L of transactions. Joining fees is Rs. 10,000 + GST and renewal fees is also Rs. 10,000 + GST. Now if you check the prices of one way business class ticket on any domestic route, it is easily around ~25,000. 5 free business class tickets on payment of just Rs. 20,000 is great value. This card also gives Club Vistara Gold membership which gives nice perks at Airport.

• HDFC Infinia on the other hand gives unlimited domestic and international lounge access for primary as well as add on card holder, unlimited golf access. What I like most about HDFC is it’s Infinia reward catalogue. Reward points are worth 1:1 so for example, on 65000 points, one can redeem iPhone in the ratio of 70% points and 30% cash. On Infinia, one gets Rs 5 for every 150 spent. There are also offers to get 10x points on flight booking, 5x points if bought on Amazon via Smartbuy. Joining and renewal charges same as Axis Vistara Infinite.

You should take inspiration from these 2 cards and create something on the similar lines. The other cards I use are HDFC Diners Club Miles which gives 1:1 conversion of reward points to Vistara AirMiles, ICICI Amazon Pay Card which gives flat 5% on all Amazon Prime orders. I use other cards too but they don’t provide anything unique which the above don’t.

I only use debit card for cash withdrawal at ATM. For everything else like international flights, hotels, online transactions, food apps, software etc… I use credit cards.

You should have some sort of reward catalogue with premium rewards which can be redeemed using points. I don’t like vouchers.

As all features I want and use are already covered by Infinia and Axis Vistara Infinite so for new cards, I don’t look at features, now I only look at what is the credit limit being offered. Credit limit is now the only differentiating factor of me.

When issuing credit cards, here are some things you should look into:

1. GST Number on credit card statements. If one has converted any transaction to EMI, interest is charged and on that interest, GST is charged. Input Tax Credit can be availed of the GST charged.

2. Some banks do not tell credit limit in advance, in that case card limit is only known when card is delivered so maybe you should do it differently and always tell the credit limit beforehand so that user can decide whether they want to proceed with the application or not.

3. If someone’s application gets rejected, you should be transparent about it and tell them the exact reason why it could not be processed. Some bad reasons sound like “We could not process your application due to internal bank policies.” Explaining the reason allows one to work in that regard so that they know exactly what needs to be done to get the card approved in future.

4. Credit limit enhancement should also be done periodically, here also a set standard procedure should be in place so users know exactly at how much spend over a period of months can get them limit enhancement.

10 Likes

It should cover the teenagers…

Eligibility should cover the teenagers and credit limit should be atleast 15000 to 20000 INR so that teenage youth can handle their choice of buying and purchasing or paying their course curriculum fee online mode in a suitable EMI structure that must not be putting a hole onto their pockets.
If they want to buy an electronic gadget or want to get assemble a computer work station or a student laptop then it should be easily available through jupiter credit card facility, so jupiter hoomans experts have to work on the credentials of their upcoming credit card.
Teenages are going to be a big base for jupiter to capture this niche and help out fulfill their dreams on education perspective too by enabling them to look out for much better option of studies through renowed education websites or apps of universities and collages by paying through credit card payment method and crediting the EMI on small chunk of payment for a long time horizon.

4 Likes

Credit card features

1. Longer Credit period (45 days) with option of auto debit credit card bill directly from any specified bank. The linking of bank must be paperless & simple
  2. Free Airport lounge benefits
  3. Acceptable to all ( high bank charges will result in shopkeeper not accepting the card)
  4. Card with combined features of Visa, RuPay & Master
  5. Interest free EMI with no processing fee
  6. Customised card having Customised photo on card
  7. Option to pay all utility bill
  8. Pay on tap with message coming on mobile to approve ( to avoid wrong payment)
5 Likes

@Bankofthefuture @Jiten @Shawnpinto @sneh.baxi
There are a couple of features that should be implemented:

1. Joining fees and annual fees should be nil if possible or very minimal unless added and scores of extra premium benefits are given over and above the usual ones.
  2. The credit limit must be given in advance before ordering the card and ways and timelines on the enhancement of these limits and if it’s rejected proper legibile reasons must be given.
  3. Cashback must be given directly as cash to the card or the account of the card holder and should not expire so as to keep things simple and less cumbersome.
  4. Card should be open to as many people as possible with reasonable terms and conditions and no fine print.
    5)Give rewards comparable to the hdfc infinia and the other leading cards in the market while giving offers like discount on eCommerce sites like Flipkart and Amazon, food ordering apps etc. Ensure the reward rates are good and fair to everyone without a lot of terms and conditions.
  5. Credit score should be visible from the app to help the consumer on his way to be a creditworthiness journey.
  6. Features like tap to pay should come with a 2fa kind of a feature where you are able to swipe or accept the notification on your phone for increased security and safety.
  7. Give a sleek good looking card like a metal one or something fancy and utility wise all in one card like Fuze card where you can store multiple cards like debit and credit.
  8. Features like complimentary lounges atleast 4 times a year should be a staple for the base variant. Any other added features are always welcome.
  9. Repayments should be easy and from any bank account.
  10. Forex rate should be very low, nil if possible.
  11. Interest rates should be reasonable without any extra emi conversion charges and other charges.

I have tried to give a list of features that would be great to implement.

5 Likes

Feature - 1. It can convert the spend amount into EMI (without any interest) i.e. No Cost EMI
2. Cashbacks or Reward Points on Every Transaction around 4% and conversion rate of reward points should be good.
3. Students can also apply
4. Lounge Access
5. Should have cashbacks on Amazon Flipkart Zomato and other brands…

I do most of my transactions through a credit card. except where credit card is not accepted

2-in-1 card would be great

6 Likes

@truesome which bank gives credit limit to teenagers? :joy:

3 Likes

@Shawnpinto Let me get this straight, Well if you guys are into launching in the Credit Card Segment then my one of the,

MAJOR Request will be don’t abandon the Teenagers of the Age range 18-22, in this period we typically visit the college and have to cope up with various challenges, let it be financial or institutional. As this age group of people don’t have a particular salary per month so naturally almost every banks overlook this population, which in term of statistics is Highest in India. During the time of our colleges we have to work hard not only in the syllabus but also in our livings and clothings, and after 4-5 years from then we serve in some public sector jobs may it be a Group A or Gorup D.

So if you guys can make this possible a Credit Card for this age group without asking for a dozens of documents that would be a little support for us to build ourselves. I am not asking about a Credit Limit of 5 Lakh, i know that would be a fairy tale, but a limit like 15000-20000 is kind of okay and provides us the chance also to prove our responsibility by paying the money back in time.

I don’t like lending money from someone unnecessarily, honestly speaking but if I have a Credit Card in my pocket I have that confidence that if some unplanned emergencies arise this month and my savings goes out on that, I still have something to pay my rent or recharge my mobile. I guess I was able to make this clear it’s not about the expenditure, its about the assurance that Yes, We do cover you on your worst times.

I know this maybe very difficult to implement in reality, and a lot of insecurities on the Bank Side, but it just makes me think if we can give a salaried indivisual 5 Lakh limit based on a Salary Slip, don’t we have the ability to give a 15000 limit to a student just a gesture that that "If you are trying to be the future of the nation, we as a financial instution have your back"

And history has seen there has been no greater achivements without taking the greater amount of risks. :blush:

I definitely look forward for to @JupiterTeam @Jiten about your thoughts and offering in this…

Take Care Everyone :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You do understand Jupiter as a financial company will launch credit card for ‘Business’ not ‘Charity’, and whether or not the card is to be issued to someone is solely based on the risk assessment whether the credit receiver is going to be able to pay it back. A salary slip holder passes the risk parameter that the person has a regular income flow that’s why a credit card is issued to them. The age group and/or the profession are the factors financial companies use to assess whether that credit issued would be paid back or it will become a liability.

4 Likes

Would love a see a card with a high credit limit and lot of rewards/cashback options available or points section where we can redeem them for useful items. If these two criteria are present, I’m sure it would be really beneficial for all of us and many would stick to this one card and not seek another card. Zero annual/joining fee would be great too.

4 Likes