Spend categories

Good morning Jupiter community
While we make UPI payments in a shop we paid 50 rupees but we bought two three items in that shop can’t able to see for which item that have paid for we can see the total amount but can’t able to see which items I had bought
Please help me with that

@yogi1994 Welcome to the community.
Apologies if I misunderstood your query, but if you’re looking to customize your spending categories, you can achieve this by manually typing in a custom tag instead of choosing from the pre-filled spend category icons. This way, you can use the categorization to suit your needs better.

For example, you have the option to manually enter the items you’ve purchased, such as “Tea” or “Coffee.” However, typing multiple items, like two or three, in this manner can be quite time-consuming and may not fulfill its purpose effectively

1 Like

Thank you for your replies

What I think is micromanaging may be very difficult. I think I understand your problem. I also have this issue - for example I go to a supermarket where I get groceries and stationary. I can’t give a proper category. But these are practical difficulties. I don’t think Jupiter categorises according to the items that you purchase but rather the mechant name (can’t be accurate all the time). So maybe you can plan out your purchases. Like buy groceries in the morning and stationary in the evening (again micromanaging) and then edit the categories accordingly - and uncheck the option “Remember this category for future transactions”.

2 Likes

But a better method that I am trying to practice is from the Book Let’s talk money by Monika Halan. The author suggests keeping three bank accounts: “income account,” “spend-it account,” and “invest-it account.”

I think it is much easier this way. You spend only the money that you have after investments.

2 Likes

While Jupiter allows for categorisation at a macro level, micro level can be achieved using expense trackers.

3 Likes

Expense trackers never worked for me. I think I like macro level categorisation better. Micro management is too much work which may lead to dropping the categorization altogether.

2 Likes