(Poll) Investment Risk vs. Returns: How Do You Strike the Balance?

When you think of growing money, what is your core focus -

• High returns with high risk.
  • Moderate returns with balanced risk.
  • Low returns with low risk.

0 voters

Considering the choice made above, where are you likely to invest -

1. Alternative investment like P2P Lending, Consumer Lending
  2. Mutual Funds
  3. Fixed Deposits

I have a SIP of nippon small cap mutual fund. The returns are pretty good tbh.

@Devansh_Bartwal Have you considered investing in alternative investment avenues?

No, i just saw 50% returns in 3 years in small-cap mutual fund and have invested in it.

3 Likes

It seems to be a very well-researched approach!!

1 Like

is it sarcasm? hahha So basically i just thought i should start investing early in life at 18-19 , its a small amount that invest but its fine ig.

2 Likes

Absolutely not!!
The return it is generating confirms it is well-researched approach.

I am into mutual funds. I am satisfied with the returns I am having. I am currently sticking to moderate risk ones for long term :upside_down_face:.

I dont have job so, I am investing money just to understand how it works in the long term so that on getting a salary I can invest with more clarity

3 Likes

Like the majority votes here, I am satisfied with the moderate returns with balanced risk.
Out of the three investment options, I have chosen to invest solely in Fixed Deposits. However, I would like to allocate a small amount towards Mutual Funds to better understand their functioning :+1:t2:
Am I the only one here who gets ‘influenced’ by those “Mutual Funds Sahi hai” advertisements featuring Sachin and Co???.. :rofl: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

2 Likes

Fair observation.
My wife and I have been investing in Mutual Funds since 2013, I believe which is even before the Murtual Sahi Hain campaign was launched.

Alternative investments, with the element of risk, also help NBFCs like Liquiloans (Jupiter’s lending partner as of now) raise funds for consumer lending. I currently have invested in Liquiloans as well as in P2P Lending via Faircent on the Cube app.

2 Likes

I came across Mobikwik’s app offering an investment opportunity called “Xtra” with a 12% return rate. Transactree Technologies Pvt Ltd is their investment partner.

Whenever I see such investment banners, my mind automatically links them to news about scams😂. In our area, many people have unfortunately lost their hard-earned money by investing in jewellery schemes or supermarket partnership/share schemes, which are common scams here.

1 Like

Yes. The returns are too good to be true.
I have invested a small amount with Xtra and have time to time withdrawn money as well. That is why I choose to go via Cube. To give you an example, there used to be an option of investing in a asset leasing company Grip on Cube where the amount invested would be spread across multiple companies. When Grip stated that they do not want to continue with this arrangement, Cube ensured a communication was sent via Grip and themselves that the existing investments will be serviced as is but no new investments will be taken via Cube.

1 Like

It’s true that such schemes may seem lyk a scam, but I’ve been investing in Xtra Flexi for quite a while. I always think of increasing returns on a per month basis rather than per annum and 1% per month from Mobikwik is higher than any FD, as far as I’ve seen. What do u all think of this :thinking:?

1 Like

50% in 3 years, r u sure abt it bro :flushed::flushed:.

1 Like

I think I am the only one with low risk low returns. Currently I am building my emergency fund hence most of my money is in SuperPots/ FD’s.
Since Jupiter includes them in NRV calculations, I am able to get away by maintaining low main account balance which yields only about 3%.
Another reason to love jupiter :rocket: .

2 Likes

@Arokia_Raj the high returns does come with a risk that states if the NBFC faces unprecedented defaults, the investment does face a possibility of not getting returned.

Yes that’s true @yagnesh01. However, what I do is credit XXX Rs at Day 1, withdraw at day 30. Rinse repeat. By this way, the money is split to a different P2P each time, minimizing my risk of having an defaulters being one of my lenders. Wouldn’t that be the issue mentioned by Mobikwik :thinking:.

1 Like

That is definitely an interesting approach. Just that it does need some tracking. Something for me to learn from.

1 Like

Thank you, this means alot :blush:.

That’s interesting. :+1:t2:
While I haven’t personally pursued monthly returns like the one offered by ‘Xtra,’ On one side, I am curious to explore the opportunity and on other, the customer service and support provided of MobiKwik is pulling me back. Hope its not the same with investors. :smiley:

1 Like