Now we need to maintain MAB to get 1% rewards

@Ankit_Misra You are still missing the point that I and @Akash1 have raised.

The screenshot I had attached says my CURRENT AVERAGE BALANCE is > ₹ 30k.

Required average balance should be 10k.

Since 30k > 10k, why is Jupiter still asking me to deposit ₹5.6k?

1 Like

Yes Altaf. Was clarifying the point around MAB based eligibility of 1% rewards.

I understand the issue you stated , it’s not about eligibility, but the deposit amount communication.

You are right, the communication is off, we are looking into it, and will get back soon.

2 Likes

My pots balance alone has been above 11.5 k over the last couple of months so I don’t understand the logic of 10kMAB in savings account. This pro thing is ridiculously implemented.

2 Likes

Same here, have been maintaining 10k+ from past couple of month just in pot without withdrawal of any amount from pot ,but still it’s asking to deposit amount to become pro member,not sure how long would it take for the fix

@Shawnpinto @Jiten Jupiter has screwed up big time in implementation. I think in need of profit they have rushed through scenarios without thinking. I agree they need to make a profit to sustain themselves but charging 10k MAB for pro features is ridiculous as even established banks don’t charge it. 1 percent jewels are meagre and pail in comparison with cards like Hdfc especially in terms of offers and rewards. I was excited to use jupiter and a massive proponent of it too as I liked the thinking behind it. But without implementation of stuff like net banking, nach mandate and having random downtimes with the app acting funny(understandable at times), people not able to change mundane things like communication address even after it was flagged on the first day of beta and things like email and phone numbers have brought a very good thought almost down to its knees. I really want Jupiter to do well but the implementation of this 10K MAB has left a lot to be desired from this burgeoning fintech. I do hope they reduce this ridiculous MAB amount and implement things more better and communicate more clearly. The above statements might sound a bit harsh but I hope it acts as a wakeup call for this wonderful company. I am hoping that things do change and the customer remains the focus while the company grows and offers better products and services.

5 Likes

@Shawnpinto would revert to you. But we are sure that pot balances are included in MAB math.

MAB doesn’t mean 1 day balance. It is monthly average balance

@Jiten mostly users of jupiter are students too applying 10k as mab is pretty wrong move we used to love jupiter because of its features and many more things.We think that 5k is good enough to maintain as a student. I hope we would listen to your customer

As a student 10K MAB is huge ,if it around 4-5k then it’ll be alright but maintaing 10K is not possible for me as well as many others.
I just opened jupiter account only for zero maintaing fee & zero fee on debit card i also have a traditional bank account ( where i already have zero balance account) but still i opened jupiter account just for 1% and zero maintenance etc etc , cause in my family ( joint family) we order much things from online ( maximum order Flipkart, then zomato , swiggy sometimes amazon ) as i have a Plus membership in Flipkart so my other family members doesn’t place order with their account, everyone’s order placed through my account and that cashback of 1 % goes for me. I don’t have much money in my account before placing any order i just add money from others then i place order.
And avarage of 2k is available on account , but 10k is huge.

It is unfortunate that only value seen by you so far is rewards. While we support idea of no penalty for minimum account balance, we also believe that rewards should be given for certain threshold of good behaviour and loyalty towards Jupiter.

We definitely don’t operate like other banks wherein they penalise you quarterly without letting you know.

We definitely have philosophy disconnect here. Rewards are not an entitlement but a privilege.

4 Likes

Hey could you check and let me know now? Our team deployed a fix for this.

1 Like

Totally agreed bro… @cric_freak

I know that Jupiter needs to be financially sustainable, but what aches is absence of many basic features even after being repeatedly reminded by users. Users will pay a premium for a premium product only.

Lack of communication before implementing changes is also making banking with Jupiter unpredictable for users. If its a community driven project, why not ask for ideas of monetisation from community members themselves. Or at least inform in advance about the changes being brought in.

Regarding disconnect in philosophy… I think Jupiter has signed up users with certain expectations and then it is changing course midway. It’s better to accept the un-sustainability of initial 1% cash-back feature, than blaming the newbie users with some big words.

I’m sorry for being so blunt… but as @cric_freak said… I hope that it be taken as a wakeup call by this wonderful company.

2 Likes

The loyalty you are talking about, so far auto payment verification is not possible in jupiter card, my credit card auto payment is not setup cause you don’t support net banking, my payment verification through eNach is failed and auto payment setup is failed.
One day I was in dire need of money and there was an ATM of ‘Utkarsh Small Financial Bank’ near me and I tried to withdraw cash but it didn’t work, finally the employee said maybe your bank doesn’t support our ATM, then i thought it is a newly launched company so its happens , it will overcome by time.
It is still a problem, but I put all my money in it thinking that they have to run the company and they have to earn income, so I withdraw the money that I have from bank and deposit it in Jupiter and maintaining that 10K,
And I have opened an account in Jupiter since 3-4 months, I have been doing online shopping since 2 years ago, so I have continued without 1% reward for so long, I can do without that, yes, even if I get 1% , there was no harm in it. .
I also referred 3 person in Jupiter but they don’t have that aadhar linked number so they can’t open a account in Jupiter, it is not my fault but at least i told them , if don’t like your services then why i am going to tell anyone about it ? If it is only for reward then i don’t have anything to say🤐.

2 Likes

Totally agree bro…:+1:t2:

@Jiten As you said you are a community driven you should think about your users who believe in you guys. You are taking a big turn in this industry if you still think that a zero balance account account is the USP of your product now you guys are wrong even big players like axis and hdfc start introduce zero balance account. We all are loyal customer. We want old jupiter to be back. I know this very blunt as a customer i think you will understand

You say this while your support says it isn’t included. I am attaching two pictures for your references. Please allow to screenshot in the app I could have shown you how much MAB is actually maintained and how the app is misreporting it.

1 Like

@Shawnpinto @Jiten is this right, if this is the case i shall be soon out of jupiter i reckon its only for niche PFA

Not the right understanding.

Just to get ₹150 reward? :joy: brohh

Tbh, Jupiter’s support is pathetic (from my experience). If they don’t know the answer, they should enquire about it first, instead they give us wrong informations. (I hope they don’t freeze my account for telling the truth :grin:)