Launching the 'Digital Cancelled Cheque'!

Most of the times cancelled cheque is required to verify your account details. Also, most often you are required to email the copy of cancelled cheque (no hard copy). Therefore, digital cancelled cheque makes more sense (less worry about scanning and all) and companies may not deny it.
In my opinion digital cancelled cheque will be more than sufficient.

In case, you are interested in having a hard copy of cheque/cheque book, then you can request your 1st cheque book free of cost (although leaft count is low, I don’t remember the exact number)

4 Likes

We need passbook front page ASAP as well :smiley:

3 Likes

This is so useful. I was so happy when I discover this on the app. :smiling_face:

But I can think of a few instances where you may need a physical cancelled cheque. Eg. LIC insurance policy application (although my experience is a bit old).

Most of the time, people ask for a scan of the physical cheque.

Here’s hoping everything goes digital.

1 Like

Does some other bank have this feature… especially the big banks like HDFC?

Paytm Payments Bank has the feature to download cancel cheque. Not sure about other banks.

1 Like

The problem with Paytm Payments Bank is that you can only deposit 2 lakhs. So the digital cancelled cheque may not be as useful for some users.

But that issue is not there for Jupiter.

However, I hope that RBI lifts the Paytm ban soon and Paytm Payments Bank becomes a small finance bank.

I am looking forward to it.

In this case you can apply for physical one, which gives you 5 leaves for free

2 Likes