Jupiter X Bullet

I think we can all agree that Jupiter users are the most loyal to “Amica”. Like Flipkart plus customers get guaranteed approval for Flipkart Pay later albeit at a lower limit if you have poor credit history or are unfortunate to live in “non-prestigious” pin-code. I have immense hate towards this policy. Living in a Rural Pin-code should never make you ineligible. Infuriating Posts like these would not be a thing. I digress.

So, here’s my proposal, all Jupiter users should be guaranteed a limit on bullet even if it is only ₹250. This will have two major effects:

1. More interest on Jupiter Savings Account
  2. Increase trust in Jupiter products which will help hold-in more loyal customers.

Bullet can also have a policy of withholding funds in Jupiter account in case of non-payment after trying to reach customer multiple times and all other bits and bobs for not repaying.

Customer’s limit can be enhanced on high usage and prompt repayment like you already do (I presume because I am not eligible for Bullet because of my pin code :angry: .

AND one more thing, maybe even give some rewards when you pay through Jupiter UPI (using the @jupiteraxis vpa). This will encourage users Non-Jupiter Bullet users to Sign-up for Jupiter.

I know you guys are extremely busy and not sure if this will ever happen…but Man I’ve got an Experian 793 (well after checking again, its now 812 :sunglasses: ) and not eligible on Bullet :frowning: . It will be hard to recover funds if I default but it is worth the risk. According to Simpl’s CEO only 1 out of 100 users default and people who pay their first bill on time are significantly less likely to default than first time payers.

I really hope you guys open up Bullet and take more calculated and innovative risks as a modern fintech start-up.

7 Likes

First Thing Bullet can’t give limit to everyone
(Internal Policies)

2nd Thing Bulllet Check Equifax Credit Report.

That’s it :wink:.

1 Like

Well…ok, sorry for being wrong with Experian. I never said they should give limit to everyone. I said they should give it to all Jupiter users. If one can do it, anyone can.

1 Like

Yes, I can understand but everyone can’t repay it back and bullet didn’t report to credits Bureau so people will get advantages of this to not repay.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea who is the lending partner of Bullet?

This should be noticed. Want to know what is Jupiter’s view on this @Jiten.

1 Like

They don’t report, but they can, let me quote their terms
4.6. ‌You‌ ‌hereby‌ ‌acknowledge‌ ‌and‌ ‌agree‌ ‌that‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌may‌ ‌share‌ ‌any‌ ‌and/‌ ‌or‌ ‌all‌ ‌the‌ ‌information‌ ‌
provided‌ ‌by‌ ‌you‌ ‌to‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌to‌ ‌any‌ ‌service‌ ‌provider,‌ ‌Financial‌ ‌Partner‌ ‌and/‌ ‌or‌ ‌government‌ ‌
agency‌ ‌for‌ ‌the‌ ‌purpose‌ ‌of‌ ‌providing‌ ‌the‌ ‌Services‌ ‌including‌ ‌but‌ ‌not‌ ‌limited‌ ‌to‌ ‌realising‌ ‌the‌ ‌
amounts‌ ‌due‌ ‌and‌ ‌payable‌ ‌to‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌by‌ ‌you‌ ‌in‌ ‌relation‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌Services.‌ ‌Similarly,‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌also‌ ‌

reserves‌ ‌the‌ ‌right‌ ‌to‌ ‌pull‌ ‌information‌ ‌from‌ ‌any‌ ‌service‌ ‌provider,‌ ‌Financial‌ ‌Partner,‌ ‌and/‌ ‌or‌ ‌
government‌ ‌agency‌ ‌for‌ ‌the‌ ‌purposes‌ ‌of‌ ‌offering‌ ‌Services.‌ ‌Further,‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌may‌ ‌share‌ ‌any‌ ‌and/‌ ‌
or‌ ‌all‌ ‌the‌ ‌information‌ ‌provided‌ ‌by‌ ‌you‌ ‌to‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌to‌ ‌any‌ ‌third‌ ‌party‌ ‌including‌ ‌any‌ ‌agency‌ ‌or‌ ‌
bureau‌ ‌in‌ ‌relation‌ ‌to‌ ‌any‌ ‌default‌ ‌payment‌ ‌status‌ ‌and‌ ‌default‌ ‌in‌ ‌meeting‌ ‌your‌ ‌obligations‌ ‌in‌ ‌
the‌ ‌manner‌ ‌contemplated‌ ‌in‌ ‌these‌ ‌User‌ ‌Terms.‌ ‌
4.7.In‌ ‌the‌ ‌event‌ ‌a‌ ‌User‌ ‌fails‌ ‌to‌ ‌pay‌ ‌the‌ ‌Statement‌ ‌Amount‌ ‌for‌ ‌a‌ ‌period‌ ‌of‌ ‌30‌ ‌days‌ ‌from‌ ‌the‌ ‌date‌ ‌
such‌ ‌Statement‌ ‌Amount‌ ‌becomes‌ ‌due,‌ ‌Bullet‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌the‌ ‌right‌ ‌to‌ ‌suspend‌ ‌the‌ ‌account‌ ‌of‌ ‌
such‌ ‌User‌ ‌and‌ ‌notify‌ ‌the‌ ‌Merchant‌ ‌and‌ ‌Financial‌ ‌Partner‌ ‌regarding‌ ‌the‌ ‌suspension‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌
User’s‌ ‌account‌ ‌and‌ ‌take‌ ‌any‌ ‌other‌ ‌legal‌ ‌recourse‌ ‌against‌ ‌you.‌

1 Like

Nice inputs flowing in. @Jiten I personally think it’s worth calculating all the risks around it and trying it out, even if it is on a beta stage.
BTW, even I was denied a credit limit by Bullet & on the other hand I have credit limit in Slice & LazyPay.
If you can shed out 3-4k to thousands of people in the name of rewards, you can provide small credit to the crowd on Jupiter who manages a MAB in their Jupiter account.

3 Likes

As per my knowledge it is powered by yes bank.

I never thought about the MAB point. Banks even give issue Credit Cards based on that regardless of your pin code and only require you to have no or maybe 1-2 delayed repayments, they don’t care about inquiries or Credit Utilisations in this case.

This is applicable when applying from online for SBI and HDFC and in branch for BoB, SBI, HDFC (undusclosed balance tho) and other Public banks

2 Likes

As per rules set by RBI, Only NBFC/Banks can report to Credit Bureau.

So I don’t think bullet has any NBFC/Bank

Yes Bank is Payment Partner because App don’t have their own Payment Gateway This rules is set by NPCI.

@Jiten you can correct me if I’m in wrong way.

1 Like

I don’t think so. As per My knowledge Yes Bank handles the payment gate way of Bullet. They do handle the UPI gate way of Phonepe too.

Yeah. I’ve a Kotak zero balance account. My MAB there is ₹500 only. The account is barely 6 months old. I got a credit of ₹50k on my debit card. That too No-cost EMI ! I purchased a gaming console out of it. Now I’m full of gratitude towards KMBL ! They’ve got a customer for life. It’s that simple to attract a genuine customer.

2 Likes

@Apoorv_Pranshu ,wow debit card emi? very interesting, hdfc bank denied me the Debit card emi option:/

Yeah. HDFC denied Debit card emi to my mom too. She has her salary account there :joy::joy:
Idk who’s availing that product from them.

I got Kotak Smart EMI Limit Of 50k.

In Kotak 811 Account.

Kotak Smart EMI is a costly affair. The card itself costs around 600 per year. I have a Kotak Virtual debit card & I got EMI against that.

You guys seem to be enjoying the debit card game lol, this was unheard of a few years ago. Banking in India has come a long way. But, you’ll have a lot more fun with Credit Cards.

I do have a amazon Icici card. plus Slice (if you consider it as creditcard) . Credit card is only good if I’m getting that product interest free. For the cashback/rewards part many fintechs are now incentivizing way better than the average credit card.

I too got Kotak Debit Cars EMI but I didn’t use it and in August 1th they expired my limit of Debit Card ):.