Jupiter App Bug /Feedback

My take on couple of points–

Networth-- you can switch off from details page… were you not able to access it?

Screenshot-- there is share button provided so that you can share details equal of screenshot. Did you struggle in finding share?

Personal notes- Yes. It will be introduced soon along with search on those notes

UPI ID- it is designed in easiest manner. It is expected that user remembers his mobile number

1 Like

@Jiten

I do not have access to the app but here is my general observation :

Screenshot - There are times when app doesn’t work or there is some glitch and a error screen is shown, in that situation screenshot is required. When you contact the support regarding error the first they ask is error screenshot.

UPI - Privacy ! I am not comfortable with sharing my UPI Id having mobile number as my handle. It defeats one of the core point of UPI i.e incremental security. Some might have no problem with that but I certainly have.

Hope my points make sense.

You should automatically save generated screenshot to the gallery if you want to proceed with that approach, currently, I’ve to search for my phone’s file manager in all apps (57 in my case) which show up on the share window and then select the path and save. And for Asus phones the default file manager isn’t even listed, I had to install a third-party file manager just for saving generated screenshots.

Also, the generated screenshot isn’t perfect.

Disabling networth in details page is not available for me. I am using the latest version of Jupiter.

Hey, @Jiten Thanks for replying

• I couldn’t find option to disable Networth. Not sure why…

• I do agree with my peers about UPI ID, although not definite, name based UPI IDs provide a certain level of security rather than number, as Number based potentially exposes personal info and is easy for scammers to take advantage of using UPI Fraud (Just my thoughts here, Not imposing)

• Regarding Screenshots , I would prefer to have fewer details on payment screen like my UPI ID, Name etc…
rather maybe just :
Beneficiary, Bank Reference Number, From Account (4 Digits) , Transaction Note.

Providing Jupiter Transaction ID is less favourable for me as it is not useful.

Finally, Appreciate the developers for taking our input and updating us real time regarding developments.

@sneh.baxi
Should this be reported to Jupiter or SBI?

1 Like

This to be reported to Federal Bank else SBI

I got same issue, some banks need IFSC, whereas banks like Kotak, IDFC just needs Bank Name,
Hope federal bank fix this issue.

It’s more likely that the issue is not from Federal bank’s side.

Not able to onboard the Jupiter App , Getting SMS verification failed every time , though it went smooth for my cousin brother

1 Like

I think you are already a Federal Bank Customer you can’t open your account right now because those who not have account in Federal Bank only they can open there acc.

1. Customer ID is not visible in Account Information.

2. After Disabling Cumulative Balance from Different Bank Accounts, there is no option in Settings to Enable it again.

3. Fingerprint Enable / Disable Option should be there under Privacy & Security Section in Settings.

4. Account Visibility by waveing hand above Proximity Sensor should be added and the same can be Enabled / Disabled from Privacy & Security Option in Settings.

5. Full KYC via Aadhaar XML File Upload should be implemented. Its relatively new process of completing Full KYC by eliminating need of Video KYC (VKYC) / Biometric Verification i.e. visiting Bank Branch / Agent visiting Customer’s Residence / Office Address.
    NSDL Payments Bank & IRCTC iMudra Wallet have successfully implemented this process for theri Customers’ FUll KYC.
    Its one of the easiest way for performing Full KYC in the current situation of COVID-19 Pandemic.

6. Unable to add DBS Bank digisavings S/A under Add Bank Account Option in UPI.

7. Complete Full KYC for Jupiter Customers, so that their accounts can be transformed in Verified Accounts and Cashback on UPI can be enabled. Moreover, provide Maximum ₹1000 Cashback on both Debit Card and UPI Transactions individually, so customers can get maximum benefits.

8. Life Time Free (LTF) Jupiter Credit Cards should be introduced in association with Federal Bank. As Federal Bank has already started offering its new range of MasterCard powered Credit Cards on Pre-Approved Basis to existing Savings Account Holders of Federal Bank. Hence, same can be introduced for Jupiter Federal Bank Savings Account holders too.

9. Jupiter Debit Card should be made eligible into Offers and Promotions run by Federal Bank for their other Debit Card Holders. Federal Bank is running offers on Amazon & Flipkart for its Direct Customers, so the same benefits should be provided to Jupiter Customers.

10. Monthly E-Statements should be provided to Customer’s Registered Email.

11. After every transaction, only SMS is being received on Registered Mobile No. but same is not received in the form of Emails on Registered Email IDs.

12. Jupiter App should be made better Aesthetically by improving UI / UX of the App.

13. There should be an option of Bank Transfer from Own Accounts of Different Bank Accounts linked under Jupiter VPA. Similar feature is available into 3rd Party UPI Apps like Paytm, PhonePe etc.

14. Jupiter App should have option to create FD and RD online. Secured Credit Card i.e. Credit Card Against FD, should be introduced in the near future.

15. Different Credit Score check feature should be introduced into Jupiter App. i.e Score Check for Experian, CIBIL, CRIF, Equifax etc.

16. Bullet Pay Later App should be introduced within Jupiter App and Credit Available into Bullet App should be linked to Jupiter Debit Card by transferring Amount from Pay Later to Bank Account.
    MobiKwik Blue American Express Card is kind of Pre-paid Card where Amount Added to Wallet is used for payments via this card. MobiKwik also has Pay Later & Zip facilities similar to Bullet and Money can also be transferred into Wallet from the Available Credit.

Updates :

1. UPI ID should be customized also. (Credits : @GROWNUPS)
    This point was also in my mind but while writing this post somehow missed it.

2. I could able to register & use Federal Bank’s native Apps such as FedBook & BHIM LOTZA PAY but couldn’t register on FedMobile & FedNet due to restrictions on Customer ID.
    I think Jupiter should allow the usage of Native Bank Apps of its Parent Bank to its Customers, as this will give dual access to them and if Jupiter App has some issues or glitches then they can use these alternatives.

Niyo had already provided this previledge to its S/A Customers to use Parent Bank’s Apps for Mobile Banking & BHIM UPI along with NetBanking.

Niyo IDFC S/A Customers were using native Apps of IDFC FIRST Bank since beginning but currently Niyo has dropped support for its Niyo IDFC App and also not updating it further, these IDFC FIRST Bank Apps & NetBanking are only available options left to such Customers.
NiyoX S/A Customers can operate their accounts, both from NiyoX App and Equitas Bank’s native Apps for Mobile Banking & BHIM UPI, as well as NetBanking.

1. Currently the Networth feature is showing different Bank’s balance via Missed Call on respective Bank’s no. Instead of this UPI Balance fetch feature should be integrated. Customers can already check their linked bank accounts balances under UPI Menu, but this balances should stay on Home Screen to and with balance check via UPI PIN, the same can be refreshed without any kind of glitches.

2. Jupiter should integrate the popular Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) of NPCI for different types of Prepaid Recharges (Mobile, DTH, Data Card etc.) and Utility Bill Payments (Electricity, PNG, Gas Cylinder Booking, Landline, Broadband, Water, Municipality Tax, Insurance Premium etc.)

3. Jupiter should also try to integrate Credit Card Bill Payment Option via UPI & Debit Card.
    In fact there should be a seperate section in the App for above points 20 & 21.

4. Under the Money Section, Jupiter should include Buy & Sell of Mutual Funds with 0% Brokerage. Customers can also invest into MFs via SIPs.

5. Jupiter should also integrate with popular e-commerce platforms accross different categories for bringing Offers & Promotions.

Some of these suggestions are as under,
Products - Amazon, Flipkart
Fashion - Amazon Fashion, Flipkart Fashion, Myntra
Food Orderings - Swiggy, Zomato, Fassos (and its group Apps)
Groceries - Amazon Pantry, Amazon Fresh, Flipkart Supermart, Grofers, BigBasket, JioMart
Pharmacies & Test Bookings - Pharmeasy, Medlife, 1mg, Netmeds, Apollo 247
Movies - BookMyShow, PVR, Inox
OTT Platforms - Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, Zee5
Railway Tickets - IRCTC
Flight Bookings - MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip, Yatra
Bus Bookings - RedBus
Taxi Bookings - Uber, Ola
Hotels - OYO

@GROWNUPS Thanks for your appreciation.

@Jiten Thanks for considering my efforts and taking some critical feedbacks into a positive spirit.

5 Likes

Great Insights bro… Covered all bases :+1:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Delay in txn reflecting in wrong balance

@Jiten
UPI id should be custom one as if someone wants to share his UPI id then without revealing his number he can share it without the fear of getting spammed anytime .

Screenshots : The screenshot has been restricted throughout the app , it might be due to security reason , but it’s a request if the screenshot can be enabled on payment confirmation page . We as users have the tendency to swipe 3 fingers down and get the screenshot send to the recipient .

Rest all till now is working too smooth :heart::heart:

1 Like

Feedback taken on UPI ID selection. Have put the same as request to product team

2 Likes

Very detailed insights. have shared the post with my internal teams for actioning all feasible points

2 Likes

Pls report this to SBI as well as they have. not updated their IFSC master while it is being updated by other banks

1 Like

Unfortunately, Issue still persists…
Also, the last transaction is missing from History (it was shown pending before, although itwas succesful)

Due to this glitch, Remaining Balance is marked wrong.

Thanks for your appreciation.