Fintech News Bytes

Explains how they mishandled the Scapia portfolio and their beyond exceptional KYC norms for accounts on Jupiter. They’ve gone for more than they can actually offer and the change in risk weightage last December must have hit their business.

4 Likes

Many small banks have a tie-up with SBI Cards for the credit card business. It’s not viable and they can’t really compete.

Central Bank of India was the first to issue a credit card in India and now even they offer cards from SBI Cards.

1 Like
3 Likes

"Something analogous is happening in the world of non-banking financial services. In less than five weeks, RBI shut down Paytm Payments Bank, served Visa a cease-and-desist order with regard to card-based vendor payments and P2P transactions, prohibited IIFL Finance from sanctioning new gold loans, and debarred JM Financial from providing finance against shares and debentures, and for new IPOs.

Had this been all, one could have excused this as a specific set of actions against a small number of significant players. But the central bank has subsequently also carried out a plethora of audits targeting fintechs that disburse small-ticket personal loans. The stated reason: exuberant unsecured loan growth."

3 Likes

NPCI has announced new features coming to the UPI platform

• EMI Facility on UPI
• Limit Management
• UPI AutoPay for Credit Card Bill Payments

2 Likes

Wow…Great News… :rocket: :cool_doge:
Looks like EMI options and limit upgrades will soon be available on the Jupiter CSB EDGE Rupay Credit Card as well. :v:t2:

Sharing the UPI Trend/Growth over the past 5 years :rocket:

Source: NPCI Twitter/X Page

2 Likes

Next Big Move…After the introduction of UPI for Cash Withdrawal: it’s time for Cash Deposit :rocket: :rocket:

4 Likes

Revolut in India :fire: Exclusive: Revolut India gets PPI license from RBI, to launch app soon, ET BFSI

6 Likes

Revolut India waitlist :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: Waitlist | Revolut India

4 Likes

Did anyone see any huge drop in Experian score? (I think it’s done in batches so you can wait) I think they are upto something :neutral_face:

You can check Experian score on onescore, paisabazaar… or using their WhatsApp not Share on WhatsApp

1 Like

I experienced 4 point decline in my score from 823 to 819.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be few points . I have heard from people, it drops significantly around 30 to 99 . Let’s see

1 Like

Yup saw a drop of 30 points but they had given me a ridiculously high score anyways so it is not that bad.

1 Like

What exactly revolut do? PPI?

Good score in Experian is usually 800+
I have heard from other communities that Experian is trying reduce the score to make it 750+ like cibil. (Not confirmed)

2 Likes

new calculations / scoring method, lowering scores by 50 points or so
it’s version 3.0 i think

3 Likes

Mine went from 878 to 774 :melting_face: 99 points drop

1 Like

1 Like