Federal bank basic savings account ..BSBDA Account

As you all know, every bank in India should allow the opening of a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA). The only eligibility criterion is Indian residency. Additionally, according to a Reserve Bank of India (RBI) circular, any customer can convert their existing savings bank account to a BSBDA account by approaching their bank.

Rbi Circular link Reserve Bank of India see question no 27

Iam interested in converting my account because the BSBDA account has zero AMC on debit cards. This would be beneficial for users who rarely use Jupiter but still need to keep their debit cards active. Jupiter cannot say that they do hoy have such facility. Its an RBI rule. You should have such facility for conversion.

Hai @UNNIKRISHNAN_T_R
I’m not sure how practical it is… If you’ve ever visited Jupiter’s website, you’ll notice this disclaimer. “‘Jupiter’ itself is not a bank and doesn’t hold or claim to hold a banking license.”

They are not bank i know that. But they should provide a way to convert this type of account to BSBDA account

As i know, Jupiter account can’t be converted to BSBDA. Because Neo Banks are some limitation. You can simply open BSBDA Account on Federal bank.

1 Like

Jupiter account can’t be converted to BSBDA. Do you RBI guidelines. Jupiter account is a resident bank account. According to RBI circular every savings account can be converted to BSBDA account at customers request. If jupiter dosent’ replay i will approach banking ombudsman.

Contact Federal Bank directly requesting for conversion.

Mera account mobile no change karna hai

Hello Pharma,

We see that you wish to change your number. We shall be connecting with you via DM to assist you further on the same. Thank you.