Building Investments on Jupiter | What do you think? šŸ› ļø

I agree. I have felt the issue with coindcx.

1 Like

Coinbase is now allowing Indian users to deposit and withdraw money easily. Unlike, WazirX and CoinDCX, no Mobikwik in between to play the spoil sport.

Itā€™s UPI on-ramp and IMPS off-ramp. Super quick. Iā€™m using Jupiter for my crypto needs nowšŸ‘Œ

4 Likes

What rates are you getting for crypto? The high Indian exchange rates where there is a huge spread and more difference on Indian exchanges vis a vis foreign ones? Any charges on UPI transfers for deposits and imps on withdrawal?

1 Like

For some reason the coinbase app is super laggy on my device.

Instead of adding FD options it would be better if you could ad Liquid Funds.

3 Likes

FD and liquid funds both options will be there.

Since, different investors have unique choices in their portfolio diversification we will give option for both.

Also, keen to know why @Sushantkshr you like liquid fund over FDs?

4 Likes

Seriously though I dont want jupiter to become like NiyoX, its seriously garbage. Plus I would like it more if you introduce netbanking or something.

4 Likes

Thanks to Jupiter I was able to create a retail direct gilt account as Paytm payment bank is not acceptable and I really wanted to invest in SGB without any physical bank branch.
Jupiter should offer FD with some more reward programs.

3 Likes

What ever you do please dont mess up the UI.
Make it simple and without lag.
Declutter the app wherever possible.
Pots are lagging to load. Idk if it is a general problem

4 Likes
  1. Can we please have a feature to link Zerodha account ( Similar to what kuvera does for Indian stocks where it doesnā€™t support purchase of stocks directly but they provide option to link brokers ) for tracking stocks/ etfs also under portfolio section since we already have mutual fund tracking which is done through CAMS Cas, requesting the account link feature specifically cause tracking demat holdings through CDSL Cas will have a lag of 20 days I believe since CDSL statements are not real time and they publish the holdings of previous month by 20th of next month, bringing account link will make the tracking real time.

2. Also if you are planning to bring liquid funds, pls make it customisable so that customer has option to choose if he wants to invest in Suggested funds or choose his own fund , many apps give option to invest in their suggested funds only. And not only liquid funds for longer time period goals equity /debt mutual funds/index funds basically a custom option where user can pick based on his risk appetite and duration . Suggestion can also include smart deposits from Jupiter like Fi money has where rates are as per holding duration & in line with FD rates otherwise there wont be any takers with the current interest rate which is 2.5% , unless Jupiter is trying to be more of a secondary Bank for users where they use it only for daily transactions and not for saving which seems to be the case currently , so either higher rates on pots or option to further tag it with some mutual fund.

3. Can we get an option to track credit card bills and pay through jupiter only.

4. Also can we move Networth from home screen to Portfolio section, i belive it will be of more use to have a portfolio section where NetWorth is inclusive of funds in my bank accounts, mutual funds, stocks , instead of it just showing funds in my account whenever I login

7 Likes

I ve already said this in the pots section. But thought to add this in this thread also.

I have one more suggestion. Since jupiter is trying to incorporate investments into the platform can we incorporate liquid funds ( one or two selected funds) into pots. Or an option to invest pots balance in A . As normal interest account just like now, B. Fd based account that gives higher returns, C.In liquid fundsā€¦

There is a startup out there named wizely. They work in collab with icici bank and icici prudential. Their idea and implementation was good. I used that app for almost more than a year now. But had to withdraw a major chunk pf my money from them because their app is getting more and more buggy ( mainly their instant withdrawal option stopped working along with other things) and laggy and on top of that the customer service went from top notch to absolute rubbish. Thats when i start using pots more only because of their poor service otherwise i would be still using that. I love some of those features to be implemented in jupiter. Please think about it

2 Likes
  1. Adding to the list option to track a) EPF b ) NPS balance, wont be difficult to integrate as this can be done by downloading & parsing passbook for both from UMANG app.

And can we have home screen UI where we have cards instead of fixed home sceeen which just shows Account balance currently , instead we can have multiple cards eg Account balance,Mutual funds,EPF,NPS where user can swipe and check everything from home screen only similar to what Niyox has on their home screen attached screenshot .

I know i have listed too many things, but please bring this feature if possible for you guys.

2 Likes

Hi @Rahul_Ranjan

Great suggestions on all 5 points. We will be releasing most of them step by step. Our aim is to make Jupiter one stop for all your financial needs.

By next month-end, we are releasing one of your suggestions. :wink: Wonā€™t ruin the surprise right now.

And community members will get early access. :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. @Whitehat

We will surely look into it.

1 Like

Our aim is to make Jupiter one stop for all your financial needs.

In my humble opinion, the ā€œone stop for allā€ or so called ā€œsuper appsā€ is a broken model. I use jupiter for banking, coinDCX for crypto and Groww for MFs. And that is how I think it should be and here are my arguments as to why:

• PayTM, IDNMoney, etc. are already trying this. Their apps are not at all user friendly.
  • Cluttering a single app with all this will definetly increase the appā€™s startup time which would make me not want to use Jupiter for quick UPI payments when I am outside and in a hurry.
  • Do you really want to compete with Coinbase, Zerodha, etc. ?

(However, I do like the ability to track my mutual funds portfolio and credit score from the app. Although they require manual effort from the user so thereā€™s a lot to be improved there.)

In my view, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed in ā€œbankingā€ itself. Jupiter is on-track to fix some of these and I personally wouldnā€™t like to see it branch into million other things things and lose focus.

With that said, I do have a feature suggestion:

Credit Card or Loan against Debt Funds / RD / FD.

ICICI Bank already allows credit card against FDs but what I have in mind is different. I do not know if the financial system allows this (LOL) but the basic idea is something called as a Collateralized Debt Position (in the DeFi world) where I can borrow upto 70% of my collateralā€™s worth at 0% interest rate and do not require having to pay a monthly bill but instead the entire borrowed sum is paid in one-shot when I withdraw my collateral. In other words, why is it not possible to borrow credit against my mutual funds portfolio ?

5 Likes

Itā€™d be mega awesome if we could somehow track the stocks we got on our trading accounts.

I tied Jupiter to Groww.

Unsure how the logistics works, but can we make that happen?

1 Like

@eshaan7

Collateralized Debt Position is a great idea. :raised_hands:

I will take this idea back to my team and see how we can add this to the roadmap.

2 Likes

I think there must be a Auto seep in/out facility provided by Jupiter to help earning high interests on saving account amount. For some case we want our money in liquid format like emergency fund. So we can earn FD rates by sweep in.

There can be a POT with Sweep in facility integrated with FD. You can call it a Super Pot :heart_on_fire:

#sweepin #pot

4 Likes

Hey @CHETAN_KUMAR_RAWAT

Thanks for the ā€˜Super Potā€™ name ! We are working on providing our users better instruments to help earn higher interest and manage your money better.

What all instruments and automated rules are you looking for ?

4 Likes

Thanks @Ayushi_Sethia, for liking my suggestions. The rules I am looking for are:

1. Automated net worth tracking (you can utilise some accounts aggregator services + all stock and mf investments )
  2. Investment performance with a comparison with its index.
  3. Auto sweep for saving account
  4. Credit score details with improvement suggestions

And many moreā€¦

3 Likes